Fire Satterfield

Decked

8 hours ago, Danimal said:

Since Satt isn't going anywhere can we at-least go back to the plan of having a designated qb coach and Satt coaching TE's. If Peetz still isn't available then go find somebody else. Back at Temple Rhule changed Satt's position responsibility from qb's to rb's for a reason. 

Yeah there has to QB coach after what we have experienced this year! 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Danimal said:

Since Satt isn't going anywhere can we at-least go back to the plan of having a designated qb coach and Satt coaching TE's. If Peetz still isn't available then go find somebody else. Back at Temple Rhule changed Satt's position responsibility from qb's to rb's for a reason. 

I was unaware of this.  Appreciate the info.  Why would Rhule make him QB coach at NU?  I am assuming that Satt was never intended to be the OC/QB coach, but when Peetz bowed out Rhule had no other option?

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I was unaware of this.  Appreciate the info.  Why would Rhule make him QB coach at NU?  I am assuming that Satt was never intended to be the OC/QB coach, but when Peetz bowed out Rhule had no other option?

Yes that is how this all shook out.  Peetz was to beQB/OC

But again it’s going down the road of hiring guys with proven track record of suck and expecting things to change after, as certain fans cry out, give them time.  A road and rally cry of the fan base for the last decade

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

But again it’s going down the road of hiring guys with proven track record of suck and expecting things to change after, as certain fans cry out, give them time.  A road and rally cry of the fan base for the last decade

This honestly makes me question the hiring of Rhule.  He had no plan B and the plan he went with "promotes" the guy he demoted.:facepalm:  I am all for giving time, but there are some red flags in year one that shouldn't be dismissed as "this is his first year"....

McGuire, Martin, & Satt have 0 reason to have their jobs. Granted I understand they were gonna hire Mickey at WR coach (before the incident). They should’ve used that booster money and got a dude to coach OL & a proven OC. Satt could’ve just coached TEs and that is fine. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The firing squad has been pretty consistent over the years too though true? There were quite a few having reservations over Peetz when his name was being brought up. He did well there and was a bust there, Etc.  It's possible that we'd be having a similar discussion to what we're having now had he been hired.

Our last HC was deemed to be somewhat of an offensive mastermind and struggled to generate anything remarkable with his coordinators. I don't know if Satterfield improves, if he's a fit or, if there's anyone available who wants to come here that would do better. That's not to suggest that criticisms aren't justifiable. They were when Banker was here but then we wound up with the Diaco fiasco that was worse.