Arrival/Departure List 2023-24

NsideScoop

On 12/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

As much as we want him to come back he probably would sit the bench.  He wants to go somewhere to start don't know how many colleges still have a open pathway to start.  I don't know why he didn't stay at FAU.

Yeah he really wasn't very good. We have just been so bad he looks good in comparison. I think Dylan will be able to start early and will make us forget about Casey "I insist on maid service in my dorm room" Thomas. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

How did he play?  Is he actually any good?  I know he started 11 games but we had guys start 11 games in the past who could have been replaced with a garbage can and had the same results 

In another thread it said he graded out at 69 which is better than some of our O linemen this year.

So I’ve been reading thru several threads over the last couple months. Along with recruiting  updates from several sources and national pundits. 

Most of the things I’ve been reading from fan reactions are that we needed:

WR 1-2

most likely at least one OL 

a LB 

a solid RB 

maybe a DB or a sold “game changer” at edge. 
And obv a QB transfer or solid frosh recruit. 

Seems like that was the theme over and over. 4 positions for sure, get one or two more half critical positions filled via portal. 

So…did we do that? Y’all happy with how things have shaped up? Seems like we literally got our wish list of needs met.  How they perform and grow with 1-3 yrs of eligibility remains the question; but it seems like the Staff fulfilled what most of us thought were the biggest needs. QB room might be better w one true veteran. 

I would like to add that it seems like we didn’t lose critical players to the portal or at least any big surprises that might let us down if they had stayed instead of transferring (Last yr Hausman comes to mind). 

I know spring will bring more movement, but as of now, I feel very happy that not many dudes left and it seems on paper at least that we addressed the positions of need. 

Thoughts? 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
15 hours ago, I am I said:

So I’ve been reading thru several threads over the last couple months. Along with recruiting  updates from several sources and national pundits. 

Most of the things I’ve been reading from fan reactions are that we needed:

WR 1-2

most likely at least one OL 

a LB 

a solid RB 

maybe a DB or a sold “game changer” at edge. 
And obv a QB transfer or solid frosh recruit. 

Seems like that was the theme over and over. 4 positions for sure, get one or two more half critical positions filled via portal. 

So…did we do that? Y’all happy with how things have shaped up? Seems like we literally got our wish list of needs met.  How they perform and grow with 1-3 yrs of eligibility remains the question; but it seems like the Staff fulfilled what most of us thought were the biggest needs. QB room might be better w one true veteran. 

I would like to add that it seems like we didn’t lose critical players to the portal or at least any big surprises that might let us down if they had stayed instead of transferring (Last yr Hausman comes to mind). 

I know spring will bring more movement, but as of now, I feel very happy that not many dudes left and it seems on paper at least that we addressed the positions of need. 

Thoughts? 

Overall I'd say Rhule and staff did great. While I would have liked to have either kept Purdy or gotten a portal QB just for experience and depth, I can't complain about the apparent talent these guys brought in and filled a lot of the needs between HS recruiting and the portal.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, Madcows said:

Overall I'd say Rhule and staff did great. While I would have liked to have either kept Purdy or gotten a portal QB just for experience and depth, I can't complain about the apparent talent these guys brought in and filled a lot of the needs between HS recruiting and the portal.

We are really tight on scholarships.  Extra qb does not fit, as we will still be seeing some players leave before fall practice. 

• Plus1 1