ESPN cracking on NU’s stadium renovation

KCBuc

I could care less about a theater program getting cut. The drama…

“The high-priced Memorial Stadium renovation was given preliminary approval this fall, even as the four-campus University of Nebraska system faces a $58 million budget shortfall that threatens to cut staff and academic programs. That includes deep cuts at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, where students and staff have protested the school's announced elimination of its geography and theater programs, as well as cuts to other humanities offerings and its cybersecurity program.”

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, KCBuc said:

“The high-priced Memorial Stadium renovation was given preliminary approval this fall, even as the four-campus University of Nebraska system faces a $58 million budget shortfall that threatens to cut staff and academic programs. That includes deep cuts at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, where students and staff have protested the school's announced elimination of its geography and theater programs, as well as cuts to other humanities offerings and its cybersecurity program.”

I’m glad you care about the theater program. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

The post is essentially a liberal witch hunt. I suppose the football program could give back to the university, but that's beside the point. See what having an awesome football has done for Alabama's enrollment and the whole of Tuscaloosa, then lets talk. 

Not necessarily the football program technically.  But the Athletic Depratment has given millions to the University the past several years.  To the tune of $10M, iirc.  Of which most comes from football and basketball TV contracts and ticket sales.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
On 12/9/2023 at 2:01 PM, KCBuc said:

Did you actually find this on ESPN? The article I saw was an AP News article, not ESPN.

2 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

You can eye roll all you want, but its not conservatives that generally paint football as the "bad guys" when its sports v academics. ;)

There's a whole separate board of you really want to have a political discussion.

• TBH 5
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Did you actually find this on ESPN? The article I saw was an AP News article, not ESPN.

There's a whole separate board of you really want to have a political discussion.

No, I don't. Yes, it was an ESPN article.

Edited by Mavric
Leave the editorializing for the P&R forum.