Did Bill Callahan sabotage the 2004 season?

5 hours ago, GSG said:

Wtf is going on in here?

:lol: Nothing....  Just a Necro post that we all hijacked and having good times with some nostalgic memories from HB times.  

In 2008, it was a time before embedding YouTube or gifts.  It was a time of emoticons to add some flavor.  It was a time when Bo gave HB some fresh hope.  And ultimately, it was a time when WOOT came before NOOB, which came before PRWN, which came before BACON, which came before ROFLcopter, which came before EPIC.   

I'd add more but I gotta run.  BRB...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Full disclousre:  I joined HuskerBoard in 2008 as a prank. I was going to come on as a Guy Chamberlin fan, complain about how much better Nebraska football was in the 1920s, then get bored and leave. 

Not sure what happened.

Well, you got the first part of it right...

On 9/27/2023 at 9:54 AM, Fru said:

The tide really turned around the end of the Bo years and the beginning of the Riley era and the place was just miserable. I remember one of the owners and admin, Solly, routinely suspended members for every little disagreement and effectively ran a bunch of people off. 

I remember that as well, not alot of people made it past that first riley season.  Lots of people got banned for dumb stuff.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Full disclousre:  I joined HuskerBoard in 2008 as a prank. I was going to come on as a Guy Chamberlin fan, complain about how much better Nebraska football was in the 1920s, then get bored and leave. 

Not sure what happened.

We're still ok with you leaving, you crusty old...

crust of bread ;)

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

Don't forget an occasional CCG too.  When he was at NU, I absolutely despised him, crazy to think he is now the "good old days".

A top 5 recruiting class is unthinkable at this point.  

I thought my grandpa was crazy when he said he thought Callahan deserved more time after he was fired.  But for a guy who lived through the 40s and 50s version of the Cornhuskers it makes perfect sense.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Ah the Callahan era.  Now known as the good old days. 

Oh, to make the occasional bowl game again.

3 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

Don't forget an occasional CCG too.  When he was at NU, I absolutely despised him, crazy to think he is now the "good old days".

I don’t know what you guys are smoking but the Callahan years are not now and will never ever be the good old days. If those are your “good old days” in any way, shape or form, I feel sorry for you.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know what you guys are smoking but the Callahan years are not now and will never ever be the good old days. If those are your “good old days” in any way, shape or form, I feel sorry for you.

Hint:  We are not talking so much about how good Callahan was, but how bad we are now.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1