DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Suh talking to him might be our best shot to getting him.

Except that would be a recruiting violation. I'd prefer to steer clear of any of those.

I dont think it is, because Suh has talked to him from what has been said on here. I think it can be when coaches talk to him, not really sure.

Suh talked to him when he came here on an official visit and was part of the Nebraska football program. Now hes an alumni and cannot talk to potential recruits. As a former player Suh is considered a "representative of athletic interests" and is prohibited from promoting the University to recruits.

prior relationship

Doesn't matter and they had little to no prior relationship. They knew each other were and have talked before but that is not gonna fly. If Suh goes out of this way to recruit Owa we open ourselves up to recruiting violations.

This is why Suh has not talked to Owa since the official. Pelini and Co. are smart enough not to tread that water.

If we get him I very much see us using him in a similar situation that we used Barry Turner when he was a freshman, a rush end during obvious passing situations. I can definitely see him producing 5+ sacks next year in limited playing time. From everything we've seen from all the comments coming in, he seems like he wants to come to Nebraska (seen in how many positive things he's said), but other things are keeping him from making his decision. His closeness to his mom and staying close to her being the biggest reasons he hasn't decided on coming to Nebraska.

Add to that our defensive coaches are by far the best out of his final 3, and it's hard to see him not coming. But I'm not really confident about it.

• Fire 1

Any word on his visit to Oregon?? I just looked on their rivals page and they didn't have anything up.

Not really new on the Oregon board but I copied this posted and the Oregon board(one poster) seems to think UCLA is out of it.

Not sure why but that would make it a two horse race.

Not sure why they are stating UCLA is out of it. (they have a huge Nigerian popluation)

Posted from Ducks/Rivals board:

Originally posted by SoCalDuck7:

As of right now...it's down to Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA and Nebraska.

UCLA is basically out of it, and although he likes Nebraska, distance IS a factor.

So, it's really between the two in-state schools. That's what the rumors are at least.

Owa is talent. Wherever he goes, he will succeed. If he doens't come to Oregon, I'd rather see him go to Nebraska...I don't want to face him every year!

lol everyone is swinging at air in this thread. Just stop while your (relatively) ahead

Yup...go on thinking that...and as of yesterday, he eliminated Oregon State.

In actuality, he's down to Nebraska and Oregon. Distance is a factor. I want to see you come here and eat crow IF he chooses Oregon. I will be just as happy for the kid IF he chooses Nebraska...he can't go wrong with either school.

You, on the other hand, are a DB.

Any word on his visit to Oregon?? I just looked on their rivals page and they didn't have anything up.

Not really new on the Oregon board but I copied this posted and the Oregon board(one poster) seems to think UCLA is out of it.

Not sure why they are stating UCLA is out of it. (they have a huge Nigerian popluation)

UCLA is basically out of it, and although he likes Nebraska, distance IS a factor.

So, it's really between the two in-state schools. That's what the rumors are at least.

Owa is talent. Wherever he goes, he will succeed. If he doens't come to Oregon, I'd rather see him go to Nebraska...I don't want to face him every year!

lol everyone is swinging at air in this thread. Just stop while your (relatively) ahead

In actuality, he's down to Nebraska and Oregon. Distance is a factor. I want to see you come here and eat crow IF he chooses Oregon. I will be just as happy for the kid IF he chooses Nebraska...he can't go wrong with either school.

I see they maintain a level of friendly discourse over there. :lol

Yeah, I think I'll wait to cross a team off Owa's list until I hear Owa eliminate them, despite what some guy on an Oregon board might claim. I'm sure UCLA and Oregon are both eager to see the each other dropped from Owa's list so that they don't have to worry about facing him every year. So I would take posts like these with a huge grain of salt. Of course, if UCLA doesn't land Owa, they will have to face him at some point since NU and UCLA play each other in 2012 and 2013.

Yeah, I think I'll wait to cross a team off Owa's list until I hear Owa eliminate them, despite what some guy on an Oregon board might claim. I'm sure UCLA and Oregon are both eager to see the each other dropped from Owa's list so that they don't have to worry about facing him every year. So I would take posts like these with a huge grain of salt. Of course, if UCLA doesn't land Owa, they will have to face him at some point since NU and UCLA play each other in 2012 and 2013.

lots of grumblings that UCLA is out.... would make sense to me

but i think we still have a long ways to go.... its kinda frustrating cause we are basiclly spinning out wheels here waiting for something to happen and just talking about the same stuff again and again...... but it beats the alternative (i.e. OSU, USC etc...)

lots of grumblings that UCLA is out.... would make sense to me

but i think we still have a long ways to go.... its kinda frustrating cause we are basiclly spinning out wheels here waiting for something to happen and just talking about the same stuff again and again...... but it beats the alternative (i.e. OSU, USC etc...)

This will come down to Bo's in-home visit with him as has been stated numerous times. If the visit is not a slam dunk then we're done.

:yeah Can we use a football term for this? :lol: How about, if the visit isn't a hail mary catch, then we're done. No but that makes us seem like a long shot. What about, if the visit isn't a pick 6, then we're done?