SIGNED LB Michael Rose

Hopefully Rose can play right away. We do have talent at linebacker though guys. Compton and Whaley came on late this past year and the staff was trying hard not to burn David Santos' redshirt as well. Throw Zaire into the mix and I am not so sure we need Rose right away. If he is worthy, you throw him out there though!

He also said something about January 16th.....nothing happened. Not saying it won't this time around, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That's not Rose's fault though. Brandon Beaver was originally scheduled to announce on Jan. 16th until OU came into the picture late. The fluidity of recruiting trumps fixed dates sometimes.

He also said something about January 16th.....nothing happened. Not saying it won't this time around, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That's not Rose's fault though. Brandon Beaver was originally scheduled to announce on Jan. 16th until OU came into the picture late. The fluidity of recruiting trumps fixed dates sometimes.

Everything's written in sand.

I really think a guy like Rose is needed for every recruiting class. Get the guy sold hard early and have him really help with the recruiting and talking to guys to get them to come play with him at the school he's going to. I know, it's hard b/c how do you know if that guy will stick around and not switch his commitment. But, if you can just get him sold and totally bought in and give a blood oath, I think it is a huge coup to have other recruits helping recruit. It's easily one of if not the best recruiting tool you can have.

I think an early signing period would make recruiting a little easier as well. That way you could get guys locked up so you know for sure what needs you have left to fill and also the words of the recruits/signees would mean alot more to other recruits not signed yet.

According to Michael Roses's twitter feed, Charlie Weis talked to Rose's father this morning trying to sway him to KU. His dad told him he wasn't budging and would stick with Nebraska. Afterwards Charlie said:

"I hope we play Nebraska and whip their ass."

The only thing that needs to be whipped is some of Charlie's weight:

charlie-weis-vent.jpg

Try nurtisystem Charlie, it worked for Dan Marino.

According to Michael Roses's twitter feed, Charlie Weis talked to Rose's father this morning trying to sway him to KU. His dad told him he wasn't budging and would stick with Nebraska. Afterwards Charlie said:

charlie-weis-vent.jpg

Yeah, but Dan Marino doesn't have his own gravitational pull...

I guess the good news is that it would teach Charlie to pace his eating. He'd only be able to take bites when his prepackaged meals drifted within reach of his pudgy arms as they slowly revolved around him... :D

charlie-weis-vent.jpg

Yeah, but Dan Marino doesn't have his own gravitational pull...

I guess the good news is that it would teach Charlie to pace his eating. He'd only be able to take bites when his prepackaged meals drifted within reach of his pudgy arms as they slowly revolved around him... :D

tumblr_lpxsdovoD01qlr140o1_500.gif

• Fire 6