Man Up!

Cy, you need to become an Indiana or Minnesota fan so we can still hear from ya after this year. And yes, I picked those two teams especially for you!

no, he needs to stay a cyclone fan, and we need to hope to meet in the championship game every year. not to mention we will beat iowa every year for him and be his representative in the big 10, and isu can win the big 12 every year. now we have a team in the big 12 to root for. represent cy, we got your back.

Actually from reading cyclonefanatic threads today, they do not want NU to beat Iowa. The majority said they will root for Iowa bc and I quote "NU is the worst fan base in the big 12." Well, anyone in the game discussion saw what HerkyJerky or w/e his name was wrote about our fans

i saw that. there is a lot of venom at cyclone fanatic. i never knew they hated us so much until i went to that board. they absolutely despise us. oh well, i choose not to put too much stock into that board. same with tigerboard, they are both filled with trouble makers. it does make beating both teams all the sweeter. although, cyclonefanatic is looking at this as a moral victory, i think they feel better about the game than we do.

Of course they hate us, they lost the battle and the war. Same goes for Mizzou, KSU, etc. Even if we drop another game this year, we still owned these teams for decades, and now they will have zero chance to ever get back. Games like this are heart breaking, and with little chance to ever play again makes it even more painful

im sorry but im sick of cy. this is not his first troll post just look back and you will see. one example is when he whined that we are quiters etc. because the big 10 wanted us and not the lowly cyclones. sorry had enough of the guy and dont see any reason to show him any respect.

If we're going to throw Cy under the bus for a few posts against our Huskers and Husker fans, we're going to have to part ways with about half of HuskerBoard membership, and about half of all Husker fans in general. Bagging on the Huskers/Husker fans isn't just an outsider thing. Truth to tell, Cy is just doing what a BUNCH of Husker fans already do.

i understand where you are coming from knapp and in fact you, him, and i have all been here since the same month of the same year so we have both seen him from the beginning and over the last 6 months or so more and more of his posts have been like this one. all im saying is at what point does his "legend" run out?? imo just because the guy writes a few funny posts here and there (i have laughed at them myself)it doesnt make him any different than huckfusker when he writes the same type of stuff. an opinion is an opinion and trolling is trolling. thats just my opinion.

• Fire 2

Wow, lets be honest here. It takes alot to piss off Cy. He is a huskerboard legend and deserves our respect. Im sure he and the other clones are devistated at this loss. Cy, i am not argueing with what your laying down. We won the game but you played hard. Hes right though, on paper green and company should of been to handle business with no problem. But thats the thing with ISU lately, they play hard and with passion. Yes we are passionate as well but they wanted it bad today. You and the clones forever have my respect and i will continue to root for them for a long time.

I really don't care about a posters "legacy" here on huskerboard. Say something ridiculous and you don't get a free pass. Cy stick to the prediction threads.

agreed. if i went and said that on cyclone fanatic i would be banned and ive been posting over there on cyclone fanatic and have more posts than he does here for a long time.

We are not on any other board. HuskerBoard has far loftier standards, and far more strict Mods, than most any board out there. Knowing that and knowing that there isn't a Moderator on this board who will chastise Cy for this thread should tell you something. It's OK to not like what Cy posted, but let's go after the POST, not the POSTER. Kinda like every other thread.

EDIT - edited to take out the quotes. This isn't directed at any particular person in this thread. I rewrote this a few times.

If you think we are on an equal playing level your crazy. It took the stars to align last year for you guys to barely pull out a win. If you would have gave us 8 turnovers we would have won by 50 points. But it was the other way around and you barely beat us last year.

This year your team executed to the best of their ability and we played like trash. We played our 3rd string QB, and backups in the secondary. We still won.

Don't think because the stars aligned for you guys two years in a row that you are suddenly on an equal playing field with us.

I like Paul Rhoads and ISU but you don't match up with us.

Cy, I have to say that ISU came ready to play yesterday and we didn't. Obviously our offensive game plan was completely different with Cody Green in there because he can't do what Martinez and Lee can do. Having said that it doesn't excuse the plays our defense allowed your offense to execute on us. I will disagree and say that the officials screwed us on several calls, Helu didn't fumble, and that call against Legate was absolutely ridiculous and the biased ABC announcers, who were obvious ISU fans, thought it was ridiculous as well. Klein #47 should've been given the personal foul, not Legate. He's obviously a dirty player if he's trying to twist Burkhead's head clean off of his shoulders, and you know I'm right. I've never seen a Husker, this season anyways, intentionally try to twist a guys head off. Absolutely ridiculous and the Big XII needs to do something about that. Your coach made the right call in OT to go for it, he had the emotional advantage, the home field, and he didn't want to continue to chance what he had against us. I agree with his play calling there.

I will say this though, I lost a little respect for you though after that first post. I see what you're saying, but you shouldn't expect for any Husker fans to bow down to your program. Not gonna happen and we don't expect the same from you.

Cy is a closet Husker fan, always has been. He loves his Cyclones, and for a large part of the game was feeling the ultimate win coming. No doubt he is hurt.

They did statisically beat us. We were very lucky to have Hagg on the field. They were very lucky we have Niles on the field.

Cy is a good guy who loves his team. He is absolutely right in his comments. I wish them luck, but I really do not think they need it with Rhoades as coach. That is a great coach in the making, and my guess is the program will grow stronger and stronger.

Cy a very tough loss for you. Not so great a win for us as you guys hurt us badly in the rankings. Your team played with heart, loyalty and never say die, play to win every second. I am very impressed with your team and their staff.

Finish this out strong, make us proud of our victory.

I for one think a rather drunk Cy posted on here, so let's give him a break. I have said far worse about Nebraska when I was drunk on this board, especially after close losses.

If we truly are "way above" ISU in the football hierarchy, then we should be used to these kinds of things and dismiss it. Cy knows they aren't on equal footing historically, but obviously the last two years they have been on the field. Hard to argue that, they have a good team and had a chance to win the division in the last year of divisions.

I guess I have been where he was after having a few, so he gets a pass from me for that not his number of posts.

This is why you dont become "friends" with fans of other teams on OUR message board. Its cool if they come around to talk football whenever we play their team but I dont really understand the point of having an Iowa State fan, or any other team's fan for that matter, around all year long. Do we really need this guys weekly picks? I know I could care less.

Iowa State will never be on the same level as Nebraska.

When Husker fans talk bad about OUR team it is called constructive criticism

When Iowa State fans talk bad about OUR team it is called TROLLING.

I hereby nominate Cy the Cyclone to be BANNED from HuskerBoard.

• Fire 3

I thought the clones played with heart.

But I have too disagree with you on a lot of things. The officiating simply sucked. The blatant attempt by a ISU player too harm Burkhead which resulted in us getting in a foul was crap.

And how can it not be brought up that we were injury plagued? Dennard, lock down corner, out, Martinez, Promising play maker, out, Zac Lee, Great pro style passer and good leader, out, all these and others.

I think our complaints are well founded, and as much as ISU fans want too believe they were equal too us, its hard for me too give them that with so many key contributors out.

Keep in mind that I do believe most of ISU's passing touchdowns came against Dennard's replacements.

With Dennard in it's difficult too tell how ISU fairs.