ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Some people are prediciting Fuller to Arizona now. I really hope he doesnt fall for Richrods snake oil.

I hope not either, I really do. I can understand if he does though, but if he does he better prepared to lose and lose a lot. That isn't a hit on Devin, AZ needs serious talent upgrades everywhere to begin with. Where as NU has better OL, RBs, WRs, so if I were a QB prospect, I'd be ready to jump at the opportunity, not to mention the facilities, academics, fan support and bowl tie ins. As good as a recruiter Rodriguez is, it will take him some time to get it at a competitive level talent wise. I really hope the Fullers recognize this. As far as our QBs go I hope we get Devin, because I really, really like his potential.

Excellent points. I agree with them all --- save one. UA is an excellent academic institution --- their academics are first rate. NU, of course, is strong there too. But let us not overstate the case... UA is a fine school.

Football wise --- as you state, Devin likely has a better context at NU than at UA.

Fair enough Rob, I just think there are far more pros for Devin at NU vs U of A.

Some people are prediciting Fuller to Arizona now. I really hope he doesnt fall for Richrods snake oil.

I hope not either, I really do. I can understand if he does though, but if he does he better prepared to lose and lose a lot. That isn't a hit on Devin, AZ needs serious talent upgrades everywhere to begin with. Where as NU has better OL, RBs, WRs, so if I were a QB prospect, I'd be ready to jump at the opportunity, not to mention the facilities, academics, fan support and bowl tie ins. As good as a recruiter Rodriguez is, it will take him some time to get it at a competitive level talent wise. I really hope the Fullers recognize this. As far as our QBs go I hope we get Devin, because I really, really like his potential.

Excellent points. I agree with them all --- save one. UA is an excellent academic institution --- their academics are first rate. NU, of course, is strong there too. But let us not overstate the case... UA is a fine school.

Football wise --- as you state, Devin likely has a better context at NU than at UA.

Fair enough Rob, I just think there are far more pros for Devin at NU vs U of A.

Ya, I'd say Rutgers would be the one who we needed to beat. Rutgers offers close to home, plays most of his games close to home, has or had friends going there, but now HC gone and who knows who coach will be, alot of uncertainty.

Nebraska fits his style perfect, will play a fair amount of games pretty close to his home, his Dad has seemed to always favored us, has some connection with other recruits coming to Nebraska, and stability.

Arizona very far from home, parents would have hard time seeing alot of his games not only in person but on TV(they would probably fall asleep before alot of them started), don't think he has any connections there with recruits.

Really, I would be somewhat surprised if we don't get his commitment.

Let's just hope Devin sees it the same way!

Arizona very far from home, parents would have hard time seeing alot of his games not only in person but on TV(they would probably fall asleep before alot of them started), don't think he has any connections there with recruits.

When you're talking 1000 miles vs 1500, you're talking an extra hour or two in the air. It's not like Nebraska's a two hour drive away. You are right regarding tv coverage though, I'd assume Big Ten games are much easier to see on the east coast than Pac 12.

Snake oil? You can't really deny Dick Rod's success with mobile quarterbacks...

Yes, but what good are the 49 points your offense puts up when your defense surrenders 70? :P

Devin Fuller, if you want to forever be a slot receiver playing QB like Dennard Robinson is/was at Michigan when RichRod was there, so be it.

As sad as it may sound to some of you and as controversial as this may sound, in our game against Michigan, TAYLOR MARTINEZ WAS THE MORE POLISHED QB OUT OF THE TWO. I SAY THAT IN ALL HONESTY AND WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

Devin Fuller, if you want to forever be a slot receiver playing QB like Dennard Robinson is/was at Michigan when RichRod was there, so be it.

As sad as it may sound to some of you and as controversial as this may sound, in our game against Michigan, TAYLOR MARTINEZ WAS THE MORE POLISHED QB OUT OF THE TWO. I SAY THAT IN ALL HONESTY AND WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

it can be hard to see things in the long term..........

MIchael Rose is in pursuit!

@Braska_Backer23 - Devin fuller should be a Husker

I would only hope Rose is in talks with Fuller.

I hope Rose does some recruiting next year as well

I don't think he can. Wouldn't that be an infraction?

He will have the ability to host prospects who come on an official visit, but outside of that he's not allowed to openly engage in recruiting.