Of the five impact freshman, who's impressed you the most?

C-4

As far as the three RBs go:

Heard hasn't had many opportunities, so at the moment, it seems fair to give him an incomplete evaluation.

Abdullah on the other hand, hasn't seen the field almost at all as an RB. If he's four on the depth chart, I don't know if I'd expect to ever see too much of him.

Green honestly looks like he has better RB skills than Abdullah. Not saying AA won't be a good player, he will be Jrodgers 2.0 for all I'm hoping. But Green looks to be the standout at RB at this point with the superior skillset for a running back. The way he ran, and how he broke that tackle on his touchdown run, he's looking to be outstanding.

I like what I've seen from Aaron Green the most (as far as the running backs, at least).

As far as the three RBs go:

Heard hasn't had many opportunities, so at the moment, it seems fair to give him an incomplete evaluation.

Abdullah on the other hand, hasn't seen the field almost at all as an RB. If he's four on the depth chart, I don't know if I'd expect to ever see too much of him.

Green honestly looks like he has better RB skills than Abdullah. Not saying AA won't be a good player, he will be Jrodgers 2.0 for all I'm hoping. But Green looks to be the standout at RB at this point with the superior skillset for a running back. The way he ran, and how he broke that tackle on his touchdown run, he's looking to be outstanding.

I like what I've seen from Aaron Green the most (as far as the running backs, at least).

very true. the sweeps he had in the washington game though ( at least i'm pretty sure it was him and not aaron) he looked really good, he had like 3 or 4 consecutive 7 (ish?) yard gains. so it was good to see he has some durability.

Also Jamaal should probably get an incomplete evaluation, the touches he got though he made plays. the great thing about this is all these freshman skill players have had limited touches but they all made really nice plays. hopefully this will mean defenses worrying less about taylor and we can actually run a decently consistent offense. Time will tell once we're playing big 10 defenses, i'm sure these guys will make a lot of freshman mistakes collectively, but thats just the risk with young players.

i'm gonna give my vote to abdullah just because the immediate impact he brought to ST.

Abdullah has made a bigger impact. He has a couple kick returns taken back to at least the 45 and a couple punt returns taken for 15+. Teams will have to gameplan for him like the NFL had to do for Devin Hester.

Aaron Green showed me a lot this week in his limited touches. He was in what, 10-12 plays? And he scored a rushing touchdown as well as a receiving touchdown? Smooth runner, explosive burst off his stance and cuts. Great vision. He will start to get more carries to take the load off of Rex.

I wish Jamal would get more touches. When he gets the ball it's exciting. He might be the quickest out of all the freshmen despite Aaron Green, Ameer Abdullah and Braylon Heard. He has the potential to take a 5 yard slant to the house every time with his speed and burst. Prototypical slot receiver IMO, if we can use him like a Percy Harvin type he will make noise.

Braylon showed me a lot too. Very patient runner, but fast as well. He was slowing down on his one big run for a block and still no one from behind caught up. He's fast and reads the defense well carrying. I think he runs too upright so he doesn't look as quick as he does fast, but he's really fast, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Tyler Moore is solid, as of now. I worry once we get into Big Ten play, because the B1G linemen are big and strong. He has a lot of lateral quickness for a big guy though so he should be fine, but the crafty seniors who are just as big and strong might know some tricks up their sleeves, leaving him susceptible.

Who has impressed me the most so far? From most to least: AA, Tyler Moore, Jamal Turner, Aaron Green, Braylon Heard

Who has the most potential in my opinion? Aaron Green, Jamal Turner, Braylon Heard, Tyler Moore, AA

That's not to say I don't think AA won't be great. I think they'll all be 1st team All-B1G sooner rather than later. In fact I'd bet half if not all will end up at least 2nd team All-American by their Senior year.

Got to go with Ameer right now. If I had to pick a second I would go with Turner. Want to see him get more touches but his electricity is palpable.

I saw a little bit of Green last game and I don't know. He seems to like to go outside a little too much, and I am surprised he got away with it as much as he did. Against a more talented unit I think he would just not reach the edge on some of those plays. Hard to judge based on such a small sample size, though.

Pretty dang impressed that Moore is starting on O-line as as a true frosh. That is rare.

I was glad to see Green scoring TWICE Saturday, I was worried we may regret burning his shirt.

I can see AA as a Dexter McCluster-type for us, very dynamic. Wouldn't surprise me if we end-up seeing a lot of short, safe kick-offs to avoid AA.

I like Heard from what little we've seen of him. Think he'll really pick-up reps down the road as the physical, explodes through the hole back when Rex is gone.

Turner is also impressive, pretty-much a starter as a true frosh and already showing playmaking ability.

This offense will be really nasty next season.

I think it's tough to not go with Abdullah simply because he's second in the nation in kick return average and he's only a freshman, not to mention he's already returned one for a touchdown.

I haven't been unimpressed with any of the Freshman so far. Turning out to be very good recruits so far.

It's like trying to pick a favorite child.

I think Moore starting is the most impressive feat of all. Contributions on the field: it's hard to argue against Abdullah.

^ This. It's a pretty big deal, Moore starting as a true frosh. And at a huge position of need. Which probably hastened his PT. OTOH, Abdullah burst onto the scene like no other true freshman before him. (Other than maybe T-Mart, a RS frosh.)

It is so funny that we heard about Green for so long on the recruiting trail and how awesome he was. However, when I watched highlights once of Abdullah I said he would be the one to come in and perform. I am happy to see he is doing just that.

BTW, does anyone know what his injury was on Saturday and if he can play against Wyoming?

My List

#1 Ameer Abdullah - Cory Ross part 2. Ameer has the vision and agility to create something out of nothing. Hr has as hown that he can be a major force and the return game and eill also make a very good backup to Rex. He appears to have it all but seems to lack break away speed.

#2 Tyler Moore - It's huge to start as a Freshman on a top 10 teams OLine. I think Jones or Sirles will beak the starting lineup soon but TMo has major potential.

#3 Kenny Bell - The first skill position player to start on the offensive side of the ball, KB can flat out fly! He has made huge plays the past two games. He has the moves and quickness to break games open.

#4 Josh Mitchel - Not sure how many noticed but Josh played almost the entire game without his name being called at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts opposite of Fonzy next week.

#5 Jamal Turner - The Husker version of Percy Harvin. We all know what he can do, he just needs the ball ui