The Field Goal

zoogs

They have shorter uprights in War Memorial than we have at Memorial Stadium, unless my eyes were batty.

I read some commentary that the whole ball has to be inside the upright, and the ref determined that part of the ball wasn't inside. It was terribly, terribly close. There was no perfect camera angle that showed it was in. Hard to say the ref was wrong, when he had the best angle.

You are correct sir, the entire ball has to be inside the post when it goes over the posts. If the ref deems any part of the ball would have touched the post it is no good.

Plese excuse my drunkeness

I, too, have had many beers. And some bloody marys. And I have to get up early tomorrow. I should not be up talking to you guys.

Its all good knapp, we appreciate it. I have to take an online test tomorrow morning because I am a procrastinating SOB. But hey, the fact that we are drunk and up late and posting on a message board says something about the quality of Husker fan that we all are, right? :thumbs

Not sure if it was reviewable, but two things come to mind. First of all in the Syracuse-Toledo game, Syracuse missed an XPT with like 2 mins left that was called good by the Ref. They did review it and the call was UPHELD, despite clear evidence that the ball passed in front of the upright, not behind it. That was huge because Toledo hit a FG at the end of the game to "tie" the game and they ended up losing in OT. First they did review the kick, not sure if it makes a difference if the ball is above the post or not. Also it would appear getting the call right isn't as easy as it should, and despite clear video evidence to help.