SIGNED RB/DB Drake Martinez

Hercules

Speed kills...on either side of the ball....What bothers me about the defense is that it seems like it just takes too long for these good athletes to get on the field. Offense would seem to be a bit easier transition.

GBR

Not long now, we will have only speed to put on the field the last 2 classes have had very good 40 times at their positions

I just noticed this hadn't been done, so I put the "Nebraska Commit" tag on the OP.

woo.gif

And a Ric Flair woo God always gets a plus one from this cat

One of my buddies did the "Flair Strut" as he accepted his college diploma. We gave him a loud round of "Woos"

I'd rather see him on defense. In the games where we're giving up 11 yards per play, we could use someone who can erase mistakes.

There is merit in this statement as well. Can't go wrong either way with an athlete like him. Looks better physically than taylor in my opinion and I think he has the same speed as him.

With all due respect to some better DLine play, I'm not so sure great safety play isn't the key to Bo's defense. Safties that can play coverage but also come flying up in run support and play hybrid-LB roles are invaluable. Suh gets a lot of well-deserved credit but our defense was nearly as good the year after he left. That crew featured a combination of Gomes, Hagg, Cassidy ( :o ), C. Osborne, PJ Smith and Thenarse who combined to make quite a few plays to compliment Amukamara, Dennard, David and Crick. In particular, having players like Gomes and Hagg who can run with receivers and tackle like linebackers gives a defense a lot of options. I can see Martinez - and a couple of our other recruits - playing a role similar to that in the coming years.

this x10! If in a couple years drake can come in and be an anchor for our defense like Hagg and Gomes was then lookout! With the kind of talent that Bo has recruited on both sides of the ball the last couple years if we can find those 2 or 3 guys to really cement the defense then we could be very dangerous in the near future

@HuskerExtraSip: #Huskers recruit video study: Drake Martinez is very intriguing. Savage tackler. Fast as brother. He'll block a few punts/kicks off edge.

No he wont. I don't remember the last time we even went after a kick. All of our time is spent trying to catch the damn things.

Wisconsin game?