Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 2 weeks later...

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Anyone get a chance to watch Iron Claw?

18 hours ago, GSG said:

I have a hard time suspending my belief to watch two shrimps portray big roided out wrestling guys

Baron Von Raschke, the only real “Claw”

baron-von-raschke-claw.gif

• Haha 1

Fool Me Once on Netflix. Decent 8 episode limited thriller/suspense series by Harlan Coben. Same guy has quite a few other series; Safe, The Stranger, etc. And a bonus the leading actress, Michelle Keegan, is not hard to look at.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:14 PM, teachercd said:

Anyone get a chance to watch Iron Claw?

Really, really good. If you know anything about the Von Erichs you know their story is really tragic and the movie does a good job of navigating it without being super emotionally manipulative. Zac Efron was incredible and the rest of the cast was really good as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Remake movies, 2023 Society of the Snow and 1993 Alive.  True story.  Almost  exactly the same plot, step-by-step.  Thank god NO Hollywoodized versions.  I enjoyed both movies.

81+TUIjnyyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

BTW the worst remake IMO, 195? The Day the Earth Stood Still (fairly good) vs. 2008 The Day the Earth Stood Still (terrible)

THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX remake?  1965 version was much better than 2004

• Plus1 1
On 12/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, Madcows said:

SOA jumped the shark for me during the Ireland season. Just lost interest in it. I think I muscled through at least one more season, but don't think I finished and have no desire to start Mayans.

Yeah, the first three or four seasons was enjoyed it but remaining seasons, mostly MEH.  Except the last SOA episode, damn good.  My daughter cried, tear jerking thing.

Leading actor as Jax character, from semi-legal motorcycle gang to extreme outlaw .... murders, drug & arms trafficking, laundering, joined Ireland/Russia illegal cartel, etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 2:44 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Remake movies, 2023 Society of the Snow and 1993 Alive.  True story.  Almost  exactly the same plot, step-by-step.  Thank god NO Hollywoodized versions.  I enjoyed both movies.

81+TUIjnyyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

BTW the worst remake IMO, 195? The Day the Earth Stood Still (fairly good) vs. 2008 The Day the Earth Stood Still (terrible)

THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX remake?  1965 version was much better than 2004

Thanks for the rec, I didn't know about the movie. I watched Alive when I was young. I was at a friend's house because we were carpooling for a softball game and I hadn't eaten breakfast and for some reason we had time for a movie and this is what she picked out. Needless to say my stomach didn't feel too good.

Anyhow, this version of the story was well done. I don't remember Alive at all. I was reading about it after watching Society of the Snow and saw that Ethan Hawke was the star of the movie, which made me laugh. Almost the whole cast was American and it was all in English. You'd think in 1992 they could have found some people of Argentine or Uruguayan descent or at least Mexican descent to play the roles.