S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

There has been nothing that says he is going to visit Kentucky as of now. He actually squashed the rumors that he was even looking around after his in home with Bo. He is a Husker and will be a Husker. No need to melt down.

That makes me feel a lot better. Thanks, EZ.

You can't blame Marrow for doing his job. If I'm the staff (or more specifically Bo) I would take this as a lesson not to have a GA out on the recruiting trail. There's no reason that we have an assistant coach who is "too hurt" (not competent enough) to make it out on the recruiting trail. Not to start a conversation about Cotton again, but it's honestly a joke.

and yet this isnt the first instance of an OL coach at nebraska that couldnt go out and recrut. iirc they had 2 OL coaches that didnt leave the state to recruit at the same time.

I don't understand people defending Marrow. Its wrong plain and simple. Its not like there aren't a lot of other people on the kentucky coaching staff that could recruit him. If they did, that's ok. But for him to try to get a player to drop his commitment to NU after he helped to get the commit for NU is weak.

I don't understand people defending Marrow. Its wrong plain and simple. Its not like there aren't a lot of other people on the kentucky coaching staff that could recruit him. If they did, that's ok. But for him to try to get a player to drop his commitment to NU after he helped to get the commit for NU is weak.

I don't think it is wrong, in fact, I would think it was wrong if he did not go after him.

• Fire 1

I don't think it is wrong, in fact, I would think it was wrong if he did not go after him.

Exactly. For Marrow to not go after a kid is simply not doing his job for Kentucky.

I think recruiting circles use the word "commit" incorrectly. The kid isn't committed to a school in the usual sense of that word. Signing the scholarship paper work is a commitment. Whenever I hear a recruit has "committed", I instead think "plans to attend". Like when you make plans to meet your friends for dinner or a movie - you can always change your mind depending on circumstance.

i still dont really get what people say.. with all the kids and all the recruits out there.. both verbal and still out there to go directly right after recruits from your old school is pretty fuct...

I agree, but I can equally see the logic of the other side. Perhaps there should be some type of rule in place. However, I have to look at the recruit too. What is the recruit committing too? A specific coach, the head coach, the program, the school (not sure i can buy into this one with a straight face for most), the "atmosphere", etc. To me, if program/school aren't at the top of the list for why they're choosing a specific place, they're equally negatively culpable with the actions of the recruiter. Unfortunately, for most, the days of being gentlemenly, especially in college football, I think are more for the history books.