SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

This is why we need to get some HOGS up front to open holes for our two Newby backs :)

FWIW Michigan has the #1 OL class

Ya, Dan Samuelson has his work cut out for him.

I just don't understand the move on his part, but if he wants too be closer too home than it is hard too blame him.... I imagine the staff will get some late pickups, but it is hard to understand why the staff has had so much trouble recruiting Olinemen this year, given our success in the past of recruiting them (even if they havent panned out)....

This is why we need to get some HOGS up front to open holes for our two Newby backs :)

I just don't understand the move on his part, but if he wants too be closer too home than it is hard too blame him.... I imagine the staff will get some late pickups, but it is hard to understand why the staff has had so much trouble recruiting Olinemen this year, given our success in the past of recruiting them (even if they havent panned out)....

maybe the reason nebraska's having trouble recruiting Olinemen is because of the ones that havent panned out, every other coach that is talking to the recruits nebraska is trying to get probably tells them how we started 3 former walk ons on the offensive line this year while a bunch of scholarship guys ride the bench while others have transferred

maybe the reason nebraska's having trouble recruiting Olinemen is because of the ones that havent panned out, every other coach that is talking to the recruits nebraska is trying to get probably tells them how we started 3 former walk ons on the offensive line this year while a bunch of scholarship guys ride the bench while others have transferred

And yet what was our ranking in rushing offense?

Let's be honest. Would you want to be coached by barney cotton?? And to say the o-line didnt affect our production isn't entirely true. Martinez was running for his life and didn't have much time in the pocket and just made great plays with his feet. Our skill players made up for the lack of protection up front. Just imagine the production we would have if we had a great o-line instead of a mediocre one...

That is a pretty pathetic reason if true.

i was just guessing i dont have anything to back it up i was just throeing a idea out there

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to recruiting. Having high profile recruits like Moore and Klachko transfer could raise some eyebrows.

i was just guessing i dont have anything to back it up i was just throeing a idea out there

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to recruiting. Having high profile recruits like Moore and Klachko transfer could raise some eyebrows.

Keep in mind with klachko I don't think we heard the whole story being that he retired from football shortly after getting to Illinois due to concussions

Keep in mind with klachko I don't think we heard the whole story being that he retired from football shortly after getting to Illinois due to concussions

There were some things that we can't mention on this board or any other that led to Klatcho "leaving."

The other side of the coin is that coaches do not go into depth as to why the player is gone so all we ever hear is the side of the player or any rumor/inuendo that comes around.

For Moore, Bo did not come out and say something like, "He did not want to work hard."

For Klatchko, Bo did not come out and say anything about the nature of rules violations.

So I think if a recruit looks at some attrition and take it with a grain of salt, then maybe that kid is better off somewhere else.

Let's be honest. Would you want to be coached by barney cotton?? And to say the o-line didnt affect our production isn't entirely true. Martinez was running for his life and didn't have much time in the pocket and just made great plays with his feet. Our skill players made up for the lack of protection up front. Just imagine the production we would have if we had a great o-line instead of a mediocre one...

If I was a recruit that checked out Nebraska fan's opinion of the OL coach and read some of the things I have seen on HB then I would have second thoughts. Absent that, if I visited UNL and felt that Cotton was knowledgeable and would be able to make me the best player possible I would play for him. I've seen things in games that make me wonder what the OL player is being coached but also have seen things that make me wonder what the OL player was thinking. I don't know if some of our problems are coaching or player talent/execution but I believe that all of the negative things said about a coach by fans would make me question what kind of coach I would be playing for. Unless I attended practice and saw first hand that a coach was teaching improper technique or obviously off in the weeds with his coaching, I refrain from criticizing them for that reason.

• Fire 1