SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

And yet what was our ranking in rushing offense?

And yet what was our ranking in sacks allowed and tackles for loss allowed - the other two stats (that aren't as easily overcome with standout skill position players like rushing rankings) that go with the OL?

FWIW

Tackles for loss allowed we were tied for 83rd

Sacks allowed tied for 90th

I have a bigger problem with the tfl than sacks cuz anyone with a mobile QB gives up more sacks and every time Taylor ran OB for a loss while scrambling instead of throwing the freakin ball away counted as a sack

And yet what was our ranking in sacks allowed and tackles for loss allowed - the other two stats (that aren't as easily overcome with standout skill position players like rushing rankings) that go with the OL?

FWIW

I have a bigger problem with the tfl than sacks cuz anyone with a mobile QB gives up more sacks and every time Taylor ran OB for a loss while scrambling instead of throwing the freakin ball away counted as a sack

Boom. Barney is a decent coach. I'll use the same analogy as before. He can turn 3/4/5 intos 7s but he can't turn 7s into 8/9/10s, on the rating scale.

FWIW

I actually have us at 98th in TFLs allowed, and 105th for sacks allowed.

And I believe a mobile QB that works his way out of the pocket and is caught scrambling is counted as a TFL not a sack. Likely depends on the run though.

FWIW

And I believe a mobile QB that works his way out of the pocket and is caught scrambling is counted as a TFL not a sack. Likely depends on the run though.

I was looking at avg per game, so that makes sense, not good either way.

And if he runs OB behind the line it actually counts as both a TFL and a sack as do all sacks

FWIW

Pretty sure those negative stats count against net rushing which makes that ranking even more impressive than it is. Have to give the o-line alot of credit whether you want to or not.

Let's be honest. Would you want to be coached by barney cotton?? And to say the o-line didnt affect our production isn't entirely true. Martinez was running for his life and didn't have much time in the pocket and just made great plays with his feet. Our skill players made up for the lack of protection up front. Just imagine the production we would have if we had a great o-line instead of a mediocre one...

If I was a recruit that checked out Nebraska fan's opinion of the OL coach and read some of the things I have seen on HB then I would have second thoughts. Absent that, if I visited UNL and felt that Cotton was knowledgeable and would be able to make me the best player possible I would play for him. I've seen things in games that make me wonder what the OL player is being coached but also have seen things that make me wonder what the OL player was thinking. I don't know if some of our problems are coaching or player talent/execution but I believe that all of the negative things said about a coach by fans would make me question what kind of coach I would be playing for. Unless I attended practice and saw first hand that a coach was teaching improper technique or obviously off in the weeds with his coaching, I refrain from criticizing them for that reason.

he's the only coach i don't think is going in the right direction. The line looks confused alot and all the penalties, not all of that is coaching i realize that but still the holdings and false starts can't happen over and over for years, those are drive killers and partly coaching. The line of scrimmage is where we are losing games on both offense and defense. We need to be like Stanford, that is grown man football there. But defense i think is gonna work itself out next year and hopefully the o-line does too. If it changes next year then i'll change my opinion it's just been going on for years so i'm putting it on him. Other than him i think our assistant coaches are on the rise and have really been hitting the recruiting trail hard and recruits seem to love them. Really impressed with them this year and this year should help in the future since we opened up some new doors in florida.

That is a pretty pathetic reason if true.

i was just guessing i dont have anything to back it up i was just throeing a idea out there

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to recruiting. Having high profile recruits like Moore and Klachko transfer could raise some eyebrows.

Keep in mind with klachko I don't think we heard the whole story being that he retired from football shortly after getting to Illinois due to concussions

There were some things that we can't mention on this board or any other that led to Klatcho "leaving."

Probably a sure fire way to get Hedley booted... "Hey Farva, what's that place with the good mozzarella sticks and the sh#t on the wall?" "Oh, you mean shannigans?"

i was just guessing i dont have anything to back it up i was just throeing a idea out there

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to recruiting. Having high profile recruits like Moore and Klachko transfer could raise some eyebrows.

Keep in mind with klachko I don't think we heard the whole story being that he retired from football shortly after getting to Illinois due to concussions

There were some things that we can't mention on this board or any other that led to Klatcho "leaving."

Interesting...,

EZ. You can't receive any more PMs. Box must be full. Just wondering what the deal with Klachko was. Never really heard any specifics and if ya can let a little info slide just PM me.