TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

I imagine that the TE's will be coached by Coach Fischer and partly by the OL coaches, unless they find a GA with TE experience which I am not surehow likely that would be?

Sounds like Bo told him he (Beau) "shouldn't be worried about being coached by a good coach" and Bo may already have some guys in mind.

It would probably make sense to bring in a replacement "TE coach" as that would mean the rest of the offensive staff wouldn't have to change what they've been doing. Maybe the same reason we have Ganz as a GA as we don't have a true QB coach.

Garrison is technically listed as the official TE Coach along with Co-Offensive line Coach.

Just like Beck is officially the QB coach.

Can Quincy block? Just sayin'

Are you suggesting brining Enunwa to TE sometimes?...interesting....

Absolutely!! He definitely has the size, he would be perfect to fill the gap of Kyler Reed.

This isn't NCAA 13. Why would you take a guy who's been very successful at one position and move him to another. See Mike McNeill.

• Fire 1

Absolutely!! He definitely has the size, he would be perfect to fill the gap of Kyler Reed.

This isn't NCAA 13. Why would you take a guy who's been very successful at one position and move him to another. See Mike McNeill.

Because it may be necessary.

I believe Tim Beck is going to California to have a in-home visit this week with Beau, and I have a good feeling he'll take away any doubts Beau has with Marrow leaving. Beck will show him exactly were he would fit in with the offense and show him that Nebraska is the best fit for him and his skills.

i havent given up hope on this one either... beck was a pretty strong recruiter before he moved to OC and his role kinda changed... he and Bo im hopeful can close the deal... MArrow will be a big loss for sure in the terms of recruiting... he said he lived in 3/4 of the state and knows most everyone... but i guess we will never know with him gone... life goes on and we have made inroads before Vince got here... lets keep our fingers crossed

This made me LOL. Nothing beats an NCAA 13 reference. Props to you sir

From the sounds of it, Sandland was a more of a receiving TE instead of a blocker. Bringing Enunwa in at TE on passing downs allows us to put Bell, Turner and then Westerkamp, Evans, Allen, or Wullenwaber at the WR positions. That's some serious speed and talent on the field leaving the middle of the field open for the TE. Enunwa has also proven that he knows how to block a little bit. I don't think it's that bad of an idea for certain situations. If Niles Paul can be an NFL TE...

I would much rather land Beau, but it was just an idea to throw around.

We are incredibly deep at WR and that could get a lot of our playmakers on the field at the same time.

Of course, if the coaching staff feels one of our younger TEs would be better in the system, that's the way to go.

Two weeks removed from the CCG and 2.5 weeks from the Bowl, I'm just getting stir crazy. :ahhhhhhhh

From the sounds of it, Sandland was a more of a receiving TE instead of a blocker. Bringing Enunwa in at TE on passing downs allows us to put Bell, Turner and then Westerkamp, Evans, Allen, or Wullenwaber at the WR positions. That's some serious speed and talent on the field leaving the middle of the field open for the TE. Enunwa has also proven that he knows how to block a little bit. I don't think it's that bad of an idea for certain situations. If Niles Paul can be an NFL TE...

Was about to post this exact same thing. Enunwa would need to add 15 pounds. Paul was a little shorter, and a little bigger than Enunwa his senior year. If we're trying to fill the Reed spot, this would certainly get it done. And we'd have a guy on the field that has been in the system for a number of years versus someone still learning the playbook. Bell, Turner, Westerkamp and Enunwa on the field all game? With a TE that can beet you deep? Awesome. Only thing we'd lack is the jump ball in the end zone. A 6'6 TE is going to haul those in well before 6'2 Enunwa - not that it's something Martinez throws anyway though.