TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

Havent seen any interviews with him. He isnt a ptima donna is he? Hope if he comes here he works hard!

I can't even consider the prima donna thing. I have to think positive thoughts right now after this weekend.

I thought i remember seeing somewhere that it said he was a hard worker but just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything.

Lots of positives. Sandland canceled his trip to Texas Tech (didn't make his final 3 anyway) and will be coming back to Lincoln with his Mom right before the early signing period.

He also hopes to take unofficial visits to Miami and ASU with his mother before he signs. I still think he is ours to lose, but I was a little disappointed when I saw this...

Marrow is going to have to be on the staff and TE coach for us to get Sandland. Beau said he wasnt sure how it was going to work being he is an unpaid assistant, but if he were to come here he wants Marrow to be his coach. Basically if Beau committs expect us to make room for Marrow on the staff, ie cotton or who ever or Beau will not be happy.

Marrow is going to have to be on the staff and TE coach for us to get Sandland. Beau said he wasnt sure how it was going to work being he is an unpaid assistant, but if he were to come here he wants Marrow to be his coach. Basically if Beau committs expect us to make room for Marrow on the staff, ie cotton or who ever or Beau will not be happy.

This has actually been in the works. Hence the move for him to get the waiver from the NCAA to goo on the road and recruit while Barney has been "recovering".

Paul:

So, you're saying it's a done deal that Cotton won't be back as a coach next year? I see him moving into the AD office somehow. I have thought he was being somewhat pushed out when he was put in the press box and you really don't ever see him in the media anymore.

Then, do you see them hiring an OL coach from the outside or promote someone from within?

Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, isn't the JUCO signing period December 19th? So, if Sandland wants Marrow for sure his coach before he commits, then all of this would need to be done before then.

Paul:

So, you're saying it's a done deal that Cotton won't be back as a coach next year? I see him moving into the AD office somehow. I have thought he was being somewhat pushed out when he was put in the press box and you really don't ever see him in the media anymore.

Then, do you see them hiring an OL coach from the outside or promote someone from within?

Also, isn't the JUCO signing period December 19th? So, if Sandland wants Marrow for sure his coach before he commits, then all of this would need to be done before then.

Marrow is one of our best recruiters and we will find a way to keep him on staff almost guranteed. I don't know what it means for Barney, but unless Ron Brown retires, he is probably the most replaceable. And no moves will be made before the signing period, but you can tell recruits the future plans without physically making the moves until after signing day

Paul:

Marrow is one of our best recruiters and we will find a way to keep him on staff almost guranteed. I don't know what it means for Barney, but unless Ron Brown retires, he is probably the most replaceable. And no moves will be made before the signing period, but you can tell recruits the future plans without physically making the moves until after signing day

That sounds good to me. I just hope we get rid of Cotton AND Garrison and hire a proven O-Line coach who can recruit better.

Reports are saying Marrow to Kentucky as TE coach with good friend Stoops.

Source is FootballScoop.

Horrible timing if this is true.

Yes. Just saw that. Not good news

I've heard that Marrow wont be leaving while his son is still at the school. I remember reading an interview with him once and he stated that because of the money that he made with his previous jobs and the fact that his wife is a doctor, they really don't need him working right now. He is very happy and content in Lincoln. I don't think he is leaving.

Reports are saying Marrow to Kentucky as TE coach with good friend Stoops.

Source is FootballScoop.

Horrible timing if this is true.

Yes. Just saw that. Not good news

per Sean Callahan's twitter page 33 mins ago it says he has been offered the job. Coach Marrow hasnt made a decision yet!

Stoops has asked Bo if he can speak with Vince. IMO, we can't let him go. Not only do I think he is a very good coach, but he is a great recruiter. Bo needs to have a sit down with his good friend Barney and either find him an office job in the AD or tell him to start looking for a new job.