TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

Bo and Vince Marrow were in home last night

And today we offered another JUCO TE... is this a bad sign due to the timing of us meeting with Sandland last night?

I'm hearing that the coaches still believe that he is ours to lose. I think they just really want multiple TEs. Its a big class, if they are talented, why not?

Good lord, are we really hurting that bad for a TE anyways? I mean, yea in typical Bo Pelini and Co. fashion, we didn't play anybody besides the two Sr. standouts that we have leaving. Dumbass move in my opinion not getting anyone else some game experience, but still, we have what 5 more on the roster? Then a JUCO TE commit already? Between all of those guy we can't get any of them ready? We don't even use the TE's that much in Beck's scheme? Why all the emphasis?

Good lord, are we really hurting that bad for a TE anyways? I mean, yea in typical Bo Pelini and Co. fashion, we didn't play anybody besides the two Sr. standouts that we have leaving. Dumbass move in my opinion not getting anyone else some game experience, but still, we have what 5 more on the roster? Then a JUCO TE commit already? Between all of those guy we can't get any of them ready? We don't even use the TE's that much in Beck's scheme? Why all the emphasis?

We used one in clean up time, but lets just say he reminded me of a white Niles Paul. As in he couldn't catch a cold let alone a football.

Long has game experience. He and McDermott (senior) both played this year behind the two starters. Apparently the freshmen weren't ready, which isn't unusual for a position that requires so much physicality. Also, it's pretty silly to say beck doesn't use tight ends much. Simply not true.

well its either we slacked on him and just assumed he was gonna come here.... sounds possibly familiar from last year... or nothing you can say can change a persons mind after seeing a 70 point lose... maybe rumors of coaching changes?? who knows but is BS gonna be the new AP from last year???

This is not the case.

good i really watn BS to committ.. i am by no means an insider and dont claim to be... just throwing out thoughts... so if someone out there says otherwise i can get all excited again... i guess recruiting is like being married to kate upton if she had a mental disorder... lots of HIGH HIghs and LOOW lows...

Jake Long and Connor Mcdermott say hi. Maybe they didn't have huge stats, but they played plenty this year. Mcdermott was pretty much only seen in the power package leading the way for Cross, but Jake Long is a quality TE. IIRC, he had a TD catch this year.

Sandland was the recruit call today on Big Red Wrap Up on NET airing today. Host Blake Lawrence was doing his best soft-sell attempt for us! Take this for what it is worth since it was on NET, but Sandland was very high on the visit from the coaches last night and said we are still "very high" on the list. He did re-confirm that he will announce his commitment probably Dec 19, the first day of the signing period.

Sandland was the recruit call today on Big Red Wrap Up on NET airing today. Host Blake Lawrence was doing his best soft-sell attempt for us! Take this for what it is worth since it was on NET, but Sandland was very high on the visit from the coaches last night and said we are still "very high" on the list. He did re-confirm that he will announce his commitment probably Dec 19, the first day of the signing period.

I could be wrong, but I dont remember ever seeing an uncommitted recruit call into BRWU. He is all Husker IMO.

I could be wrong, but I dont remember ever seeing an uncommitted recruit call into BRWU. He is all Husker IMO.

Big red wrap up actually calls the kids, and they've done it before. Andrus Peat was on the show last year

Jake Long and Connor Mcdermott say hi. Maybe they didn't have huge stats, but they played plenty this year. Mcdermott was pretty much only seen in the power package leading the way for Cross, but Jake Long is a quality TE. IIRC, he had a TD catch this year.

Yeah, I do remember Jake Long and I actually thought he looked pretty good. I don't really remember McDermoot much from this season. Thanks for the responses though. I've been looking back through Bo's recruiting classes, we sure have been wrong about a lot of guys. Lot's of names that never did pan out, and the ones that are on the field are, according to Huskerboard, to blame for the recent failures.