Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Look on the bright side everyone, I think with the very mixed to slightly negative leaning reaction to these alternate uniforms, I think it is fair to say that it will be a VERY LONG TIME before Nebraska ventures down this road again.

Nebraska doesn't need gimmicks like this. When did "tradition" become a bad thing? Oregon did their whole uniform craze because their program needed an identity. Other programs needing an identity followed Oregon's lead, and it has just snowballed over the last 5 years with some outlandish looking uniforms.

Nebraska doesn't need a new identity. We've had one for over 50 years. Need a reminder...see below.

THIS IS NEBRASKA:

tommiefrazier1.jpg

OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg

NE3-Final-Oil.jpg

Devaney406.jpg

Tom-Osborne-Bio.jpg

106597163_display_image.jpg?1311591801

I guess I never really tried to comprehend the idea of "tradition." Now that i have, I think it has no meaning. If tradition meant anything when it came to football uniforms then we would all still be playing in leather helmets and rugby shirts because "that's how we used to do things." The only true and real tradition is the one you carry with you, has nothing to do with the shirt you wear on Saturday as long as you know you play for Nebraska.

• Fire 1

i do not think we are copying anyone, i think this is just adidas demonstrating its lack of creativity and nebraska limited their options.

I think its mostly Nebraska limiting their options..... my guess is the first concept they showed TO was amazing but as TO stated, they were too extravagant, Adidas did what they could with the options they were given

Nebraska doesn't need gimmicks like this. When did "tradition" become a bad thing? Oregon did their whole uniform craze because their program needed an identity. Other programs needing an identity followed Oregon's lead, and it has just snowballed over the last 5 years with some outlandish looking uniforms.

I'd rather have relevance than tradition. I'll tell you what you watch the 2012 Huskers play Wisconsin that night and you pull out the dvd of the past teams losing to Texas every year, because that became as a much a tradition as anything. At least they'd be wearing our usual jerseys though.

tickets wont be sold, point is to leave the seats empty. I know no one cares, but i just wont support it.

If, like me, you arent happy; email TOsborne@Huskers.com and voice your opinion.

It is not about you its about doing something for the kids and for the university! My God its not like we havent changed our Uniforms before and hell it is just for one game. Pull the stick out and relax.

Support the ideals of our team.

They wanted a new look.

Adidas delivered a new look.

The team likes it and is excited about wearing them.

The blue hairs can complain if they want, but the program is progressing along with the majority of the teams in the country (albiet slowly).

Keep in mind that this is a one time deal and depending on how that particular Saturday turns out, we may do it again / more often.

My stance is that if the players are happy, I'm happy.

I would have liked black pants though. The helmet looks sharp. I'm glad they stuck to the dual stripes on the sleeves / pants. The 'N' on the chest is a little similar to Michigan, but I'm glad they did it. It's the standard, old school 'N' with a new school twist by being black with white trim. A solid compromise if you ask me. The socks look a little funky, but I'm excited to see how they look in action under the lights of Memorial.

Just another reason to get excited for football season.

Just over 1 MONTH left!

GBR!

• Fire 1