Dennard Arrested for Assault

a dui, while so stupid and potentially reckless, just demonstrates an irresponsibility, but not necessarily a criminality.

Well, since DUI is a crime, and he was already on probation for a rather serious criminal issue, this clearly demonstrates "a criminality" on Fonzie's part.

a dui, while so stupid and potentially reckless, just demonstrates an irresponsibility, but not necessarily a criminality.

Well, since DUI is a crime, and he was already on probation for a rather serious criminal issue, this clearly demonstrates "a criminality" on Fonzie's part.

I dunno. By that standard a healthy percentage of American males are criminals. Probably a handful of posters here on HB have one or more DUIs.

I dunno. By that standard a healthy percentage of American males are criminals. Probably a handful of posters here on HB have one or more DUIs.

I don't want to label everyone a criminal menace of course. But DUI is a crime. It's criminal behavior and results in a criminal record. I agree that we should not simply call someone a criminal just because of that alone. Unfortunately just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks at some point.

But how many crimes need to go on the record before we do call someone a criminal? Someone with a single DUI? Maybe not. Someone who assaulted a frickin' cop and then while still on probation gets nabbed for DUI and refuses the test? Dennard was one of my favorite players, but sadly, someone who can't stay out of criminal trouble has earned himself the label of criminal.

I do beleive in redemption, so hopefully Fonzie can shed this label, just like someone who has a single DUI in their youth does not deserve to be known as a criminal for life, but for now, this is Fonzie's public perception.

Okay, I agree that Fonzie is stupid for driving drunk while on probation, but why should he be cut? What does him being a Patriot have anything to do with this? Aaron Hernandez murdering dudes has nothing to do with Alfonzo Dennard being an idiot and driving drunk. The Patriots and their players should not be under extra scrutiny because one of their players decided to be a thug. They disowned him from their organization and whatever happens to him from now on has nothing to do with the Patriots. If the SOP for players who get convicted of something like driving drunk while on probation is to cut them from the team, then he should be cut. But, just because he has a tangential relationship to Aaron Hernandez, he should not be cut.

The image of the Patriot's organization is far more valuable than any contribution Dennard could have made this season. It's an image that has taken a beating lately, and to further damage it by allowing him to remain on the team is just bad business.

Okay, I agree that Fonzie is stupid for driving drunk while on probation, but why should he be cut? What does him being a Patriot have anything to do with this? Aaron Hernandez murdering dudes has nothing to do with Alfonzo Dennard being an idiot and driving drunk. The Patriots and their players should not be under extra scrutiny because one of their players decided to be a thug. They disowned him from their organization and whatever happens to him from now on has nothing to do with the Patriots. If the SOP for players who get convicted of something like driving drunk while on probation is to cut them from the team, then he should be cut. But, just because he has a tangential relationship to Aaron Hernandez, he should not be cut.

The image of the Patriot's organization is far more valuable than any contribution Dennard could have made this season. It's an image that has taken a beating lately, and to further damage it by allowing him to remain on the team is just bad business.

How has their image taken a beaten lately. If anything, I'd say that the Patriots' image has gotten better recently because they released Aaron Hernandez as soon as he got arrested.

dont guess NUance, put a poll up! Put me down for one DUI. Not proud of it. I think everyone that went to Kearney got one back in my day. I got there after UNK became infamous as a party school and the town was cracking down. An undercover paid assistant was in the front seat of the cop car when I got pulled over for mine. I recognized her cause I tried to get in her pants. The arresting officer said the commotion in the back seat of the car was probable cause to pull me over. My d******d friends were having a sunflower seed fight. I didn't even commit a moving violation!

dont guess NUance, put a poll up! Put me down for one DUI. Not proud of it. I think everyone that went to Kearney got one back in my day. I got there after UNK became infamous as a party school and the town was cracking down. An undercover paid assistant was in the front seat of the cop car when I got pulled over for mine. I recognized her cause I tried to get in her pants. The arresting officer said the commotion in the back seat of the car was probable cause to pull me over. My d******d friends were having a sunflower seed fight. I didn't even commit a moving violation!

Yeah, but for the grace of God I'd would have gotten a couple of DUIs in my late teen/early 20s. Got pulled over three times when I would've failed the breathalyzer. Fortunately, I just got a ticket once and a warning the other two times. Probably most of us on this board *deserve* a couple of DUIs.

How has their image taken a beaten lately. If anything, I'd say that the Patriots' image has gotten better recently because they released Aaron Hernandez as soon as he got arrested.

You might not be following it very closely. It mainly centers around the fact that they offered him when half the NFL wouldn't touch him...which is leading to a deeper look at the organization and other things are beginning to come out. The Patriots, more than most organizations are beginning to realize that signing all of those questionable players (Ocho, Moss, Dennard, Mallett, Tate, Haynesworth, Talib, etc) is starting to catch up with them in regards to the orgs image. I can find dozens of articles discussing how their image is taking a beating right now.

Interviews with NFL executives, agents and former players suggest the Hernandez contract was the result of a decision the Patriots made to embrace more risk—not only in the way the team invested in players, but in the types of players it chose to pursue.

http://online.wsj.co...3479560908.html

Patriots' character? Zero

http://www.boston.co...ots_charac.html

Coach Bill Belichick is going to have some explaining to do to his image-conscious bosses, owner Robert Kraft and team president Jonathan Kraft, if his handpicked boys in silver and blue keep having run-ins with the boys in blue.

http://www.bostonglo...JA3N/story.html

The "Patriot Way" has lost its way

http://cognoscenti.w...t-way-peter-may

New England Patriots Way: the way to INCARCERATION

http://www.thesports...arceration-872/