RB Corey Clement [Wisconsin Commit]

ADS

We also played in the Big 12, which is a tougher conference than the B1G.

IMO, that's a poor excuse. Just win your games.

So playing in a Big 12 in 2008 when we had literally 4 teams that were ranked in the top ten (TTech, Texas, OU, Mizzery, KU) isnt harder with a first year coach than playing in the BIG????????????

So playing a team in Texas in 2009 that went onto play in the National Title Game (Had multiple chances to win said game as well) isnt tougher than playing in the BIG that had no team sniff that game????

So our offensive direction and the coaches we have in place isnt more appealing than Wisconsin's?????????? Im sorry, but I would argue that our offense is the best in the BIG TEN. If not the best, a very close second. Wisconsin isn't even close to the level of talent that we have on our offense.

I'm not saying that it wasn't tougher, I just don't want to use that as an excuse. I absolutely was tougher, but not an excuse.

Wisconsin has had more success in recent years, but even the wildest Wisconsin fan would have to admit that it won't hold up long term (By it I mean Wisconsin being better then Nebraska)....

We've been "around" in the Big Ten for two decades now so our success hasn't been just a flash in the pan. You might only remember Wilson and last year's Rose Bowl but we've been contending in this conference for far longer than just one season. I'm not the most wild of fans but I'm not ready to say it won't hold up long term because it already has held up.

Whether Wisconsin will be on the same level as Nebraska (or better) is a whole separate question. There is no debating that Nebraska, historically, has been at another, better, level of football but you're at a crossroads. What kind of program will Nebraska be in the future? Your recruiting will inevitably take a hit without a Texas connection or kids remembering your great runs and you're in the middle of nowhere which also doesn't help. You don't have the flash of an Oregon that's so popular these days and NU just isn't seen as a prestigious destination anymore. On the other hand you have great facilities, tremendous history and some of the best fans in the sport. It's hard to say what will happen. That said I wouldn't be so dismissive of UW.

We have an awesome city, an elite school academically, a great stadium and fans to go with it and a system that fits a lot of kids well, couple that with the aforementioned success and I don't see us absolutely tanking to 1980's UW like some of you do. If I had to make a prediction I'd say we'll float around along with Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State on the same tier. The only school I don't see sucking for long is Ohio State for so many reasons.

So our offensive direction and the coaches we have in place isnt more appealing than Wisconsin's?????????? Im sorry, but I would argue that our offense is the best in the BIG TEN. If not the best, a very close second. Wisconsin isn't even close to the level of talent that we have on our offense.

I'd say, that at least to RB's and Offensive linemen, our system is far more appealing than Nebraska's. Quarterbacks and Defense not so much. As far as talent? Have fun with that I guess. Be known as the most talented team in the conference, it won't get you anything. Wisconsin wasn't seen as the most "talented" team the past few years when we were pummeling opponents but clearly talent wasn't needed. We do as much with what we have as nearly any team in the country.

I wasn't taking shots at Wisconsin. It is a great school with tons to offer, such as the best "new" tradition in college football (The Jump Around....F'n Sweet).... However, there is a reality in college football, and that reality is that powerhouse programs come back eventually. You see it with Alabama the last 5 years, you see it with Notre Dame this year. We all seen it with Oklahoma in the early 2000's after being down in the 90's.... The reality is there are tiers of tradition in the B1G that matter. First tier: Ohio St., Michigan, Nebraska Second tier: Wisconsin, Penn St.,..... I hope Wisconsin has continued success, because I don't want to see Ohio St. dominate the Leaders for years to come. However, back-to-back Rose Bowls (maybe a 3rd) is as good as it gets for Wisconsin in my opinion....And its a pretty damn good thing, and I know I speak for all Husker fans when I say that we would have loved to be in Wisky's position the last couple years.

Penn St. is def. in the category with OSU, MU and NU. Wisconsin is slowly getting to that status. I think they need to win the whole f'n thing (don't you love the movie Major League) before they are grouped in that category though. Maybe someday Bucky.

Wisconsin has had more success in recent years, but even the wildest Wisconsin fan would have to admit that it won't hold up long term (By it I mean Wisconsin being better then Nebraska)....

We've been "around" in the Big Ten for two decades now so our success hasn't been just a flash in the pan. You might only remember Wilson and last year's Rose Bowl but we've been contending in this conference for far longer than just one season. I'm not the most wild of fans but I'm not ready to say it won't hold up long term because it already has held up.

Whether Wisconsin will be on the same level as Nebraska (or better) is a whole separate question. There is no debating that Nebraska, historically, has been at another, better, level of football but you're at a crossroads. What kind of program will Nebraska be in the future? Your recruiting will inevitably take a hit without a Texas connection or kids remembering your great runs and you're in the middle of nowhere which also doesn't help. You don't have the flash of an Oregon that's so popular these days and NU just isn't seen as a prestigious destination anymore. On the other hand you have great facilities, tremendous history and some of the best fans in the sport. It's hard to say what will happen. That said I wouldn't be so dismissive of UW.

We have an awesome city, an elite school academically, a great stadium and fans to go with it and a system that fits a lot of kids well, couple that with the aforementioned success and I don't see us absolutely tanking to 1980's UW like some of you do. If I had to make a prediction I'd say we'll float around along with Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State on the same tier. The only school I don't see sucking for long is Ohio State for so many reasons.

I'd say, that at least to RB's and Offensive linemen, our system is far more appealing than Nebraska's. Quarterbacks and Defense not so much. As far as talent? Have fun with that I guess. Be known as the most talented team in the conference, it won't get you anything. Wisconsin wasn't seen as the most "talented" team the past few years when we were pummeling opponents but clearly talent wasn't needed. We do as much with what we have as nearly any team in the country.

I wasn't taking shots at Wisconsin. It is a great school with tons to offer, such as the best "new" tradition in college football (The Jump Around....F'n Sweet).... However, there is a reality in college football, and that reality is that powerhouse programs come back eventually. You see it with Alabama the last 5 years, you see it with Notre Dame this year. We all seen it with Oklahoma in the early 2000's after being down in the 90's.... The reality is there are tiers of tradition in the B1G that matter. First tier: Ohio St., Michigan, Nebraska Second tier: Wisconsin, Penn St.,..... I hope Wisconsin has continued success, because I don't want to see Ohio St. dominate the Leaders for years to come. However, back-to-back Rose Bowls (maybe a 3rd) is as good as it gets for Wisconsin in my opinion....And its a pretty damn good thing, and I know I speak for all Husker fans when I say that we would have loved to be in Wisky's position the last couple years.

Penn St. is def. in the category with OSU, MU and NU. Wisconsin is slowly getting to that status. I think they need to win the whole f'n thing (don't you love the movie Major League) before they are grouped in that category though. Maybe someday Bucky.

You could group Penn St. in that first tier, but Wisconsin is nowhere near that first tier.... On the bright side for Wisconsin folks, the Packers (along with the Steelers) are the best organization in the NFL.....

You could group Penn St. in that first tier, but Wisconsin is nowhere near that first tier.... On the bright side for Wisconsin folks, the Packers are the best organization in the NFL.....

:cheers

Amen.

I agree that on the national level Wisconsin isn't anywhere near the first tier of football powers. The commitment just isn't there. UW seems to have a strategy of being above-average to good, but not great, in most sports they field and for the most part there isn't a huge desire to be any better from fans. Everyone would like them to win the NCAA tournament or the BCS NC but few expect it or are outraged when it doesn't happen.

Going off on a tangent here but maybe some of that can be blamed on Green Bay. I expect the team to contend for the Super Bowl every year. I am genuinely dissapointed when they don't do well. I feel much more tied to the Packers than any sports team around at any level and that's probably true for many in the state. When UW loses the Rose Bowl it burns but I don't get bent out of shape because I haven't been conditioned to expecting great success from them. For so long the Badgers sucked and the Packers filled their role as the State team...there's very much a collegiate feel to it.

Anyhow...back to this Clement kid...

This kid visited for the Wis game, them is going to commit to the opposing team. We don't want this kid. To me that is like African-American knocking

Moderator Note - this post has been reported and disciplinary action has been taken against this poster. HuskerBoard does not condone comments of this kind. Members witnessing any content they deem inappropriate are encouraged to report the post, and we will take action.

Thank you,

The HuskerBoard Team