SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

a quote from johnny stanton that really excites me and I know it will make you guys happy too.

"I am excited to be able to start helping Nebraska recruit the other California guys and try to help build up our recruiting class as much as I can," Stanton said. "I plan to start making some texts and phone calls soon."

“I think he's one of the top quarterbacks in the country,” Simmons said. “He's a guy that's extremely physical, huge lower body, great strength and absolutely can make big plays with his legs, but I've had an opportunity to see him in camp settings as a passer as well and I think he's a very capable passer, a guy who maybe isn't as polished and won't look as polished as other guys nationally, but he puts the balls in the right place and he can make every throw he needs to make.

“He's very comfortable throwing on the run outside the pocket. The thing that really sets him apart, though, are his intangibles. You talk to his coach, you see the way he interacts, and he's a leader, a winner and a guy that his teammates are going to respond to. I think it's just a home run.”

“I really think he is one of the top quarterbacks in the country,” Simmons said. “Because he's so athletic and he's such a physical guy, the offers were a little bit slower to come because I think schools had to become convinced he was a quarterback. I think he's proven with what he's done at camps, and his ability to throw in those settings that he is a quarterback. I think he is not just one of the best quarterbacks available, I think he's truly one of the best in the country.”

From Barton Simmons a well respected recruiting expert.

Wow is all i have to say. Not bad considering he didnt start playing QB until his JR season....and now is participating in the Elite 11 as a frickin QB...finally a QB that can throw the ball, and hes a gamer. Cant wait to see this kid play.

Reading a new story about the recruitment process of Stanton...apparently the only way he was going to commit is if Bo gives him a chance to ONLY do Long-snapping duties. This has prompted news out of Indiana that Gabriel Miller, NU's LS recruit, is trying to convince his high school coach to start taking snaps at QB this season.