Chase Rome quits?

The Dude -- I can't see aqny of your posts since you're blocked, but I'm sure they're just more of lame, unfunny, and sarcastic witticisms... but please, feel free to continue for the enjoyment of the others who share your 13-year old mentality.

Need I remind you what yet another warning for personal attacks means to your future here? Enough.

Oh, so it's OK for others here to attack me, leave sarcastic smartass comments etc. (including you), but I can't say anything back. Gotcha.

The Dude -- I can't see aqny of your posts since you're blocked, but I'm sure they're just more of lame, unfunny, and sarcastic witticisms... but please, feel free to continue for the enjoyment of the others who share your 13-year old mentality.

mlfw2608-facehoof.png

This thread needed ponies. I figured this was as good a place as any.

• Fire 1

The loss at UCLA was the worst loss since the 1950's

wut

It was the most yards allowed since the 1950 's (quoting someone else). I haven't looked it up...but if they hadn't downed the ball, they would have put the most yards on a Nebraska team ever. That to me is the worst loss ever...regardless of points on the board.

I'm sorry but are you 5 years old? Did you not witness the Uncontrollable eye blinking Losses that was Bill Callahan??

wut

It was the most yards allowed since the 1950 's (quoting someone else). I haven't looked it up...but if they hadn't downed the ball, they would have put the most yards on a Nebraska team ever. That to me is the worst loss ever...regardless of points on the board.

Actually its the most yards allowed since 2007.

What's quite amazing about the UCLA game is the fact that UCLA ran 30 more offensive plays than we did, had roughly 200 more yards than we did, yet only won the game by six points. While UCLA as to be feeling good about their performance, they have to be a little concerned more of those yards didn't result in points. I think UCLA could turn out to be a very good team, but wow are they young. They have some growing pains. They have the athletes to play with almost anyone in the Pac 12, but the youth is probably going to cost them a game or two.

Need I remind you what yet another warning for personal attacks means to your future here? Enough.

Oh, so it's OK for others here to attack me, leave sarcastic smartass comments etc. (including you), but I can't say anything back. Gotcha.

Yes, yes it is. Because personal attacks means attacks at the person.

There's a difference between, "You're an idiot so and so."

And, "That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

--At least, that's how I interpret it. It did take me 2 years to get on the Offended Posts thread, so I think I would know.

wut

You're saying you'd rather lose 70-10 to Texas Tech, 45-17 to Wisconsin in primetime, get blown out by Michigan on the road, lose 49-3 to Missouri, get ravaged at home by Oklahoma State like we did in '07, than give up 650 yards to UCLA and lose by six points?

Points matter far more than yards allowed. Each of those losses were far more embarrassing.

I can understand where devnet is coming from. Giving up 650 yards is atrocious, and it's something we didn't do in losses to Wisconsin or Michigan, or South Carolina in our blow out losses last year. Giving up 650 yards and only losing by 6 implies that 1) our defense didn't break, even though it bent a lot or 2) UCLA's offense didn't capitalize on all the chances they had. If you chose number 2, like devnet probably would agree with, then the score could have been a lot worse had they capitalized.

I disagree with that opinion, however. Was it the worse defensive showing? Perhaps an argument could be made for that.

But it is nowhere near the worse loss, because our offense was productive. It's not like we put up 200 yards and 7 points, we put up 400+ yards and 30 points. Not to mention we left a lot of points on the field as well. So no way has this been the worst loss since the 50s. No way.

I think when I left this thread I was on like page 3. I'm sure its now 5 pages of over reaction and people calling each other names. Can someone give me the recap?

It's five pages of FLU saying the same thing over and over again. Read his first post in the thread and you'll get the gist of the last give pages.

Also, someone poops in the shape of an "N".

Basically due to the fact that many posters' reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking -- stating that I want Bo fired, questioning others' fandom, etc.

see, i just think that is too rash.

obviously, i edited that to misrepresent the original post. an old trick i learned from journalism school.