What should Eichorst do?

Bradr

WSED? What should Eichorst do?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a question for all of you. Are you really happy with this win. Do you truly feel this team can compete with the likes of Oregon, KState, Bama, Florida, Oklahoma, SC. Do you see the improvement that we thought we would. Do you have a time table as to what you want and when you demand it?.

I am glad we won, but I really don't think it was a quality win. Northwestern got tired and Taylor caught fire. Do you think Bama or the list above would have melted down like Northwestern did.

Are we really headed in the right direction. Do you look at this group and feel it is a close bound team/staff?

I really do not want to see a coaching, even though I do not feel we have quality coaching, but I do not want to start over. In your heart do you really believe Bo is making progress.

Has a he MADE progress? yes. Is he MAKING progress? no. not right now. We seem to be in a rut right now. Numerous issues from a slight lack of talent. Not glaring lack, but a slight, just enough to cause some issues. We have discipline problems. Major ones. But the way I see it is if we want to acknowledge the bad all the time, then we damn well better acknowledge the good. It's flatout embarrasing we were in that position with 8 minutes to go, but in those final 8 minutes. No penaltes, no turnovers. No blown assignments on D. We played spotless football when it HAD to be done. That is an encouragement. We have to be honest here. We always see signs of greatness, when we stop seeing those, that's when it's time to be worried.

This is how I feel. Alot of our coaches are young. They don't have the recruiting pipelines that some older and experienced coaches have. Having younger coaches can also attribute to some of our mental breakdowns and giving up big plays. With that said Nebraska is not a place you can learn on the job. Although with that said will firing Bo and his staff give us that instant fix we're looking for? Not unless we can get a coach that can turn things around as fast as Bill Snyder or Nick Saban, and that won't happen. So our best bet for now unless things go completely sour and we fall apart at the seams, is to keep Bo. I do think some of our younger coaches have potential.

This is how I feel. Alot of our coaches are young. They don't have the recruiting pipelines that some older and experienced coaches have. Having younger coaches can also attribute to some of our mental breakdowns and giving up big plays. With that said Nebraska is not a place you can learn on the job. Although with that said will firing Bo and his staff give us that instant fix we're looking for? Not unless we can get a coach that can turn things around as fast as Bill Snyder or Nick Saban, and that won't happen. So our best bet for now unless things go completely sour and we fall apart at the seams, is to keep Bo. I do think some of our younger coaches have potential.

As far as recruiting goes, though, younger coaches also might relate better with recruits, and may have more energy to go the extra mile. Like most things, there's both good and bad...

Bo goes 12-2, wins the B1G title, and the Rose Bowl. Derp Huskerboard posters storm his house with pitchforks and torches, wanting vengeance. Carl rides in on a John Deere tractor, saving him at the last possible second. At this point a high speed tractor chase breaks out through downtown Ainsworth, Nebraska, and at the last second before they're about to be caught, one of the flying "Ponies" swoops down saving them from an almost certain death...

• Fire 1

i think he should do his job..

Ahhh, I see. Here you go...

Within the scope of Shawn Eichorst's responsibilities as athletic director, how do you feel Shawn should approach any concerns regarding the real or perceived issues displayed today by the football program, which is the University Athletic Department's primary income source, hence his primary concern to manage?

eh.............I can't believe this thread.

Eichorst must be pretty smart to have been anointed by Harvey so quickly. Therefore, he understands the situation and has a pretty close view of what's happening. He will figure out a timetable for evaluating ALL the coaches in ALL the sports.

Kind of preposterous for us to be dictating timelines for his performance. How about we give him some space to do the job he was hired for?