TE Brandon Vandenburg

Ed Helms

Anyone think the coaches though he would commit somewhere else so rather than the bad press about loosing another guy they were proactive about it being our decision?

Kinda conspiracy theory ish, but otherwise I don't get it

I felt he wasn't going to be commiting to us anyways. We can bring in the TE from the SEC country that Alabama is showing interest in as well and see what he can do. Maybe he will be commiting on Sunday or next week? Hopefully anyways.

It will be interesting to see what kind of tweets come from Vandenburg if we do end up taking Carter after we told BV that we would not be taking a JUCO TE.

Bear in mind Carter is a HS TE. But it'd still get underneath my skin a bit if I was Vandenburg. However, it is much better to pull the offer before he's committed than wait to do it. This way can play out his recruitment fairly.

I'm not seeing any overreaction. It just doesn't look good. Especially when "we" do try to claim to be better than the others. I wouldn't mind seeing our niche be that we don't "pull" offers (even if thats not the full story in this case).

The only way we could make sure we don't pull any offers is to only offer as many kids as we have scholarships available and then wait until each kid turns us down before offering another kid. That's a ridiculous recipe for either tiny classes or recruiting kids that no one else wants. These kids know that most offers aren't indefinite. Spots fill up and needs change. If you take your time deciding, you run the risk that a spot may not still be there for you.

It's really no different from a job offer. Just because three companies offer me a job doesn't mean I have a right to take as long as I want to decide and expect that job opening will be there for me no matter what.

For the sake of brevity I didn't explain the finite details of my post. I guess I meant more of those that we "seem" to be in current conversations with. Its like it went from "we really want you" to "uh, nevermind" in matter of hours. The point is perception v. reality. Isn't that how it always is with sports ane especially college football? Your job offer is apt, but we're talking about NU competing against a number of teams (30ish?) for recruits, not a country's/world's worth of companies. We can agree to disagree.

I am very surprised by the news that Vandeburg's offer got pulled. I thought Juco TE was a huge need. My immediate thought and this is speculation..is that Carter may have given a soft verbal but wants to visit and be sure before announcing. They probably only want 2 TE's in the class. Pure speculation on my part.

First of all Maimi dropped him why ? Secondly he could have committed weeks ago but didn't. NU could be picking up a guy that we thought had no interest in us. Committ when you have the chance stop playing games or waiting for a better offer :dunno but what better offer then NU could you get

I am very surprised by the news that Vandeburg's offer got pulled. I thought Juco TE was a huge need. My immediate thought and this is speculation..is that Carter may have given a soft verbal but wants to visit and be sure before announcing. They probably only want 2 TE's in the class. Pure speculation on my part.

Reasonable.

First of all Maimi dropped him why ? Secondly he could have committed weeks ago but didn't. NU could be picking up a guy that we thought had no interest in us. Committ when you have the chance stop playing games or waiting for a better offer :dunno but what better offer then NU could you get

Come again????

Dammit Baxter you know I don't speak Spanish

• Fire 2