TMart....Why do you say things like this Man ??

Comish

There's no whining about us losing, we didn't think we were going to score 10 points against DA SEC DEFENSE. And none of us has been impressed with our defense, so nice shot, but that hit like a pillow full of bubbles. Georgia also boasted their best offense in school history.

Anyways, the perception is that the SEC plays great defense, but this bowl season has exposed that as being false. Case and point:

Michigan scores 28 against South Carolina

Nebraska scores 31 against Georgia (or 24 as you see it, but I see 31)

Louisville scores 33 against the best SEC defense, Florida (or 26 as you may see it, but I see 33)

Clemson scores 25 against LSU

Northwestern scores 34 against MIssissippi State

Vanderbilt gave up 24 against NC State

Combined, these "SEC DEFENSES" gave up nearly 400 yards per game (393.33 AVG) and nearly 30 PPG (29.16 AVG) That's hardly elite.

• Fire 1

It's just Taylor being Taylor.

Sorta like when he launches a fluttering duck up for grabs. YOLO.

;-)

I think it is fair to say that from a distance it is difficult to determine if Taylor is being honest or simply toying with the media and fans. In either case, it is what it is, though I do think the "brashness" of it is a hint to why Bo has ridden the T-Mart roller coaster for 3 and going on 4 seasons (results be damned).

SCORE-BOARD....you got the L, we got the W....your boys came to Orlando and were happy to be there and felt you had something to prove against a "might SEC team"...UGA was only irritated that we, had lost half of our receiving corp, two thirds of our D line, and weren't playing in South Beach for the NC. T-Marts statement may be true except for one tinly little thing...they did everything they wanted to except the important thing...win. Moral victories are reserved for 2nd place.

Here's what I've seen thus far in the bowl games in terms of the SEC defenses. Most all of them are laden with NFL talent, but most of that said talent won't do squat at the next level unless they change the way they play. Last night, Florida's defense played undisciplined. They committed stupid penalty after stupid penalty. Each time they hit the ball carrier it was like they were trying to make a highlight film, and they didn't wrap up. Today, I just read where their "stud" safety Elam is going pro. If he doesn't change the way he tackles, he won't last a season in the NFL. The two worst coaching jobs I've seen this season have happened in the bowl games and happened to be SEC teams. LSU's last possession is nothing short of dumbfounding. They had the ball 2nd and 2 to go with around 2 minutes left in the game with a 2 point lead. They throw two incomplete passes in a row running off only around 9 seconds. Then they have to punt. Last night, I was completely lost most of the game trying to figure out what Florida was doing. The onside kicks were dumbfounding. They start the second half running their 2 minute offense getting totally away from their normal offense. For the amount of money those coaches are paid, I'm surprised more than anything by the deer in the headlights playcalling and such I saw.

The SEC has loads of defensive talent. However, most of that talent seems to have an ego the size of Texas. Michigan hung with South Carolina, and they probably should have beaten them. However, I think most of us remember the absolute pounding they took earlier in the season against Bama'. I wonder if the SEC as a conference just doesn't have a bit of an ego problem, and they've overlooked most of their opponents in the bowl games. Or, maybe Northern Illinois' QB was onto something about most being preoccupied with the upcoming combines and draft.

The B1G defenses are just different than the SEC defenses. The B1G is filled with bigger stronger slower guys than the SEC. The SEC defenses look more or less like our defenses in the mid-90's looked with the exception that our defenses played with much more discipline. It's rare to see a LB in the SEC with Compton's physique.

SCORE-BOARD....you got the L, we got the W....your boys came to Orlando and were happy to be there and felt you had something to prove against a "might SEC team"...UGA was only irritated that we, had lost half of our receiving corp, two thirds of our D line, and weren't playing in South Beach for the NC. T-Marts statement may be true except for one tinly little thing...they did everything they wanted to except the important thing...win. Moral victories are reserved for 2nd place.

Chill out, man. Nobody is disrespecting you guys. We've been very friendly. You won, you have bragging rights, and it was a clean, well-earned victory. Let's not spoil what was an entertaining game with needless griping afterwards.

If Taylor's comments irritate you, all I can tell you is that you should go back and listen to some past interviews he's done. He's a verbal train wreck a lot of the times, terribly uncomfortable in front of a microphone, and he doesn't express himself well. If one of our more well-spoken guys had said something like this you'd have something to complain about. Taylor is just... Taylor. He's a great player and a great kid, but a terrible interview. Let it go.

Chill out, man. Nobody is disrespecting you guys. We've been very friendly. You won, you have bragging rights, and it was a clean, well-earned victory. Let's not spoil what was an entertaining game with needless griping afterwards.

If Taylor's comments irritate you, all I can tell you is that you should go back and listen to some past interviews he's done. He's a verbal train wreck a lot of the times, terribly uncomfortable in front of a microphone, and he doesn't express himself well. If one of our more well-spoken guys had said something like this you'd have something to complain about. Taylor is just... Taylor. He's a great player and a great kid, but a terrible interview. Let it go.

My bad and my apoligies. we tend to get a lot of crap here in the SEC, and maybe it is for winning, and maybe it is for being southern...but we get pretty defensive at times because of it and tend to be quick to grab a pool cue. personally...I thought Martinez seemed like a good kid, and meant no disrespect to him. Y'all played a good game.

Thank you and that is what irritates me about all these articles, especially the yahoo article I read about it yesterday http://sports.yahoo....897--ncaaf.html (The title of the article should tell it all on this "journalists" loyalties). These journalists/blog writers act its a crime that he isn't bowing down to the SEC like everyone else does, while not taking the time to think maybe hes just standing up for the conference he is in and not really trying to disrespect Georgia. Like Knapp said, look back on his past interviews and you will see that he does not express his thoughts very well in front of the camera.

With that said, I thought Taylors post game interview with huskers illustrated was the best interview Ive seen since hes been at Nebraska. http://rivals.yahoo....BYZ.QYhymvQWV9H

I wasn't too impressed by UGAs defense.... But overall the SEC has the better defenses.

I wasn't impressed with Nebraskas defense at all. You gave up 45 to a bunch of 3 and 4 WR's and two freshmen RB's. You offense scored 24pts. Bottom line: the Blackshirts couldn't play in the SEC, bt they could hold jock straps. You lost so quit your whinin and reload for next year.

Maybe not but the offese would tear up the SEC. Sparty's D was better, for that matter Wisky's D was better. No whinning here, proud of what they did. Looked like an average D to me. And unlike you, I am not trying to stir the pot. Just an observation.

The Clowney hit was huge, I'll give him that, but that doesn't change the fact he was nearly invisible for the most of the game. From what I saw, Michigan and Nebraska moved the ball fairly easily against USC and UGA, just a few breaks didn't fall our way.

I believe this is the first time I agree with a Michigan Fan! :cheers

The offensive balance we had for 3 quarters really hurt UGA. It seemed to keep them guessing on our run/pass play selection. Then when were down by 2 scores in the 4th we had to go to pass attack and UGA was able to play accordingly. So really Martinez is not that wrong with his comment. In fact the Big 10 played pretty well against these coveted SEC defenses. Heck Louisville made a case for it last night.

join us losers will you? Oh you already did just by having to play us in the Capital One Bowl.