Your Combine numbers TODAY

ACT: 37

IQ: 37

and a perfect ACT score is . . . .

You're punc-tation makes this here post confusing.

I still have no idea whether you're asking me a question, whether you're Really asking me a question, or whether you're being sarcastic. Do you not know what a perfect ACT score is? Do you think I don't know what a perfect ACT score is? It's impossible to tell.

I don't think the bench numbers are that out of wack. It's really not that difficult to be a 275-300lb bench guy if you work at it. I coach ball at a smaller Class A school and we probably have 15 kids in that range and that's high school aged kids. Are some people lying? Maybe. But it's the internet and everything here is true, so I doubt it.

The 40 times are probably skewed but people don't really have a very good reference point for those, so that's to be expected.

I don't think the bench numbers are that out of wack. It's really not that difficult to be a 275-300lb bench guy if you work at it. I coach ball at a smaller Class A school and we probably have 15 kids in that range and that's high school aged kids. Are some people lying? Maybe. But it's the internet and everything here is true, so I doubt it.

The 40 times are probably skewed but people don't really have a very good reference point for those, so that's to be expected.

Yeah, that is true but you are also dealing with kids that are working out, almost year round, with a coach that is telling them what to do. Not dudes that kind of get to the gym, here and there, basically to see girls, or to escape their families for an hour.

Yeah, that is true but you are also dealing with kids that are working out, almost year round, with a coach that is telling them what to do. Not dudes that kind of get to the gym, here and there, basically to see girls, or to escape their families for an hour.

I have never stopped working out since being in high school. I lovve to do it and will continue after I heal from my injury. I have seen kids thru the years that were just stacked and couldn't lift sh#t, just naturally ripped. I have also seen kids that were lanky and could lift like no other. It all depends on genetics and effort when it comes to lifting and what you can do. I don't think a lot of people on here are lying when it comes to their bench. I have a good friend that went with me to the gym for the first time in about 10 yrs and he put up 225 for 5 reps. He is not a big guy, just one of those c$%k strong kids that never need to lift.

• Fire 1
  • 8 years later...
On 3/16/2013 at 6:54 PM, Moiraine said:

Height: 5'7.5"

Weight: some pounds

Reps at 225: 0

Reps at 70: 8 :)

Deadlift: 235 (5 reps)

Handstand pushups: 0.5

Ha, this made me laugh.... .5 of a handstand pushup :lol:

Gave me a good visual of you starting down and then crumpling :lol:. But a half is impressive. If I could

manage to get in a handstand position anymore, I'm sure I would immediately pass out before even attempting a pushup.

• 1 month later...

Ok I just did this yesterday with my homies...

Height: 6'1 1/4  (6'3 in justin roper workboots)

Weight: 172  (I feel 5 lbs overweight.  I'm always hungry...)

Reps at 225:  9  (last 3 was a bear  yo.  But I did it)

40:  5.2 (in justin workboots lol... that's all I could do smh) - in HS (clocked 4.37 blazing fast)

I feel ok, but I know what I once was is not close to what I have become over the years (part of the process lol).

That 5.2?  It was my best time out of 5 tries lol

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to bench 185 like 5 times. I've never tried - I'm somewhat strong just from physique and labor but never weight trained.

As far as the 40...I think I was fairly accurately around a 4.9 in high school. I'm 70 pounds heavier than then and not extremely physically active, but whenever I play football or basketball I get so many comments about how nimble and quick my fat a$$ is :lol: so I might still be sup 6 seconds!

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Some of you guys come from a naturally strong family 

I don’t think half the people in here could bench 185 for the reps they say let alone 225 

I mean, just look at those NBA combine verticals.  No one on this site can dunk, but most would still swear their vertical was well into the 30's.