Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

Hahahahahahahabahahab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So going 30 and 31 is more impressive than winning almost 50 games in two of the most historical conferences in the nation??? You don't know what Chris Peterson would do in a big boy conference. He could turn into Dan Hawkins. Oh wait. Nobody remembers that guy do they???

Lets just sum it up... Bo isn't good for Nebraska, and is the worst coach we could have chosen. He will never win us a Conference Championship, and we are always going to be blown out twice a year. We will always be loaded with talent, but never know what to do with it.

HB is becoming more and more depressing with all this f'ing negativity. It really seems like some people here NEVER have anything positive to say. Whether its coaching, players, recruiting or how the staff wipes their ass, its never good enough.

Its fine being a realist, but a realist isn't someone who is negative about everything. A realist is a straight shooter, who bases their doubts off of facts, not opinions.

Dont generalize the negativity as Huskerboard as a whole. It's about half and half both ways. If there werent opposing views, it would get pretty boring.

With that out of the way, some of the Bo-haters really need to lighten the hell up.

No where did I generalize HB as a whole. I never said everyone, or anything like that, as I said some.

HB is becoming more and more depressing. Not one thread can happen, where someone doesn't come in and bash Bo. It doesn't have to do with him. He consistently gets brought up in every thread, and his recruiting, staff or players are getting ragged on. I understand this one has to do with him, but it still gets very old.

Are you bi-polar?

It seems that sometimes you take things a bit seriously and get rather riled up. ;)

If we shuffled the B1G, and we could pick any coach we wanted...not considering things like culture etc, I'd take Urban, Fitz, Danotonio, Hoke in that order before I picked Bo. That would be my draft board. After that, and likely even including Hoke (with Mattison he's better than Bo)...I'd say it's very much like recruiting. You've got the top guys that stand out, then the recruits ranked 20-40 in their position are all pretty much the same. Bo's middle of the pack. You can argue whether he's at the top of the middle, or the bottom of the middle...but it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference either way.

The only one I would take over BP and that is Fitzgerald. I like his offense and he can definitely get a lot out of his players. Meyer may be better, but I just don't like his personality. He is too much of a used car salesman for my tastes. Hoke and Dantonio are a bad fit for Nebraska IMO. There offenses are not what I want to see NU run.

"not considering things like culture, etc" - in other words each of those 4 is a better coach in their environment than Bo is in his. Take your personal feelings and emotions out of it.

I didn't say that, I don't think they are better coaches than BP. Hoke and Dantonio are IMO no better than BP and they are not a good fit schematicly IMO. Urban Meyer is not at OSU for the long haul. He'll get about 6 years into it and start having chest pains or Sabin will retire and Alabama will come and throw even more money at him than OSU will want to. Meyer is great when he has his QB. Lets see how OSU looks when Miller graduates. Florida didn't look all that great post Tebow. Alex Smith made his offense hum at Utah. OSU is not going to go 12-0 every year. Personally I think they will go about 9-3 next year. They pulled about 5 games out of their arse last year. Just like Nebraska did.

Does BP have things he needs to improve. Hell yes, but I am not going to any of those coaches for BP.

dont get so worked up about an article that is just some crappy opinion piece that should be on bleacher report as soon as i read that andersen was number 5 but a guy like kill is 9 i stopped taking it seriously its just someones opinion just like all of ours is Bo the 7th best coach in the conference heck no but who cares what this guy wrote

Bo's a good coach, not great. Even he will tell you that. He has a lot of work to do and will work to improve himself and his team everyday, he will tell you that as well. Other than that, some article written by some random shmoe on his opinion of the coaches in the Big Ten really has no bearing on who is actually a better coach. What the hell does better coach mean anyways? They all have their strengths and weaknesses and no matter how successful they are, that will never change.

This list rates a man who has never coached a game at a major BCS program let alone in the Big Ten above a guy who has never lost more than 3 games in league. This discredits this list entirely. End of thread.

How does that discredit the list? Because you wrote it in big letters?

By your logic, Bo is a better coach than Chris Petersen at Boise State. Ridiculous. Obviously, Andersen isn't at Petersen's level. The job he did turning around Utah State is at least as impressive as anything Bo has done at Nebraska. It shouldn't be discredited because it wasn't at a major BCS program. He's a really good coach who gets the most out of his players. Bo is the antithesis of that.

I thought of Peterson when I read this but Boise success does not make make a sure fire great coach in more competitive conferences. I think most in Boulder Colorado agree with me.

Hahahahahahahabahahab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So going 30 and 31 is more impressive than winning almost 50 games in two of the most historical conferences in the nation??? You don't know what Chris Peterson would do in a big boy conference. He could turn into Dan Hawkins. Oh wait. Nobody remembers that guy do they???

Going 11-2 and finishing in the top 20 at Utah State, of all places, is greatly exceeding expectations at that job. Not to mention he had to build it from the ground up. He never had any of the advantages we have at a place like this. We have higher standards at Nebraska. Winning conference championships is a perfectly reasonable expectation. One that Bo hasn't even met. Winning 9 games is great and all, but it's not like Bo is some special coach doing that, especially when about 7 of those wins are built in. It just means he's better than Bill Callahan. That's not saying much, most coaches are better than Callahan.

Sure, he could turn into Dan Hawkins, or he could turn into Urban Meyer. Who knows? Which is why I've said I'd list Bo above Andersen right now. I just don't think the whole list should be discredited because he hasn't coached a BCS team before. It's certainly up for debate, and nothing to get all butthurt over.

I get what you are trying to say, however I am pointing out the countless double standards used by many on this board. Not necessarily you specifically, but right now you are using the environment at Utah St as an excuse for Anderson. As reasonable as it is, when posters like me point out the disadvantage of our location as it pertains to recruiting it isn't even taken into account. So if you are going to allow Anderson slack because of this, you should also allow slack for two JUCO DTs that you specifically dubbed as "whiffs by the staff" that chose to stay close to home to play football when everything in the staffs power was done to get them in red. So again, why is Anderson allowed slack for his obvious disadvantages but Bo isn't?

Also, in no way is going 11-2 in that conference in a year they played against 3 BCS teams and went 1-2 in more impressive than a year NU lost two BIG games against an Urban Meyer led team and one that we had to play twice. I'm not claiming Anderson is a chump, but get your anti-Bo glasses off before you make any stupid claims.

Something odd I just found last year is that Northwestern never played a team that was ranked the week they played them. The only team they played that was ranked at the end of the year, Michigan, they lost to.

If Fitzgerald plays Colter at QB the full game they beat us plain and simple. His bonehead idea of playing the non-mobile QB against a defense that can't stop the mobile QB lost him the game. 2nd best coach in the conference?????????

Something odd I just found last year is that Northwestern never played a team that was ranked the week they played them. The only team they played that was ranked at the end of the year, Michigan, they lost to.

If Fitzgerald plays Colter at QB the full game they beat us plain and simple. His bonehead idea of playing the non-mobile QB against a defense that can't stop the mobile QB lost him the game. 2nd best coach in the conference?????????

The other hand to that is after OSU it looked like Bo was taking the Safeties and keying to stop Colter. The reason why Fitz was playing the statue was because we were giving him those throws, they just didn't convert outside of the one touchdown. Here are Colter's stats for the game:

/20 Nebraska Passing 1 2 5 50.0 5 0 0 71.0 Rushing 14 35 2.5 9 0

He was largely ineffective when he was at QB.