The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

So you think because Burkhead is white, that will be why he doesn't get drafted?

It honestly doesnt help that he is white. I know it sounds dumb but lets be honest how many white rb's play in the nfl let alone get drafted? I'm not saying that nfl teams wont draft him due to his skin color, but generally speaking black rb's are more athletic and better than white rb's. is that always the case? certainly not, but it is alot of the time, which causes white rb's to get passed by.

Okay, if your answer is "no, skin color has nothing to do with it" then just say "no". Because from what you just said I'm not sure if you're relating athleticism and skin color.

I think it's more about genetic makeup than anything. And odd's are higher for black guys to have more natural athletic ability. It's not racism, it's genetics.

Jimmy the Greek, is that you?

• Fire 3

So you think because Burkhead is white, that will be why he doesn't get drafted?

It honestly doesnt help that he is white. I know it sounds dumb but lets be honest how many white rb's play in the nfl let alone get drafted? I'm not saying that nfl teams wont draft him due to his skin color, but generally speaking black rb's are more athletic and better than white rb's. is that always the case? certainly not, but it is alot of the time, which causes white rb's to get passed by.

Okay, if your answer is "no, skin color has nothing to do with it" then just say "no". Because from what you just said I'm not sure if you're relating athleticism and skin color.

I think it's more about genetic makeup than anything. And odd's are higher for black guys to have more natural athletic ability. It's not racism, it's genetics.

Jimmy the Greek, is that you?

I guess commenting with facts is racist now. I'm not making some snide comment about any race, in fact I'm pointing out a positive. But idk how you can say to me that it's not true when in most american sports, African Americans are the dominant "race" in them. It's because physically, most have better genes and are more naturally gifted. Not all, and not always will it be a black guy who is that way, and hard work can take you really far as well.

Its the perception. Which has nothing to do with reality. Listen to the 'experts' talk about Rex. He was repeatedly described as 'unathletic' and 'not talented' by McShay in particular. Combine numbers and his career at Nebraska call BS on both accounts. Phrases (high motor) get used for white athletes now that are similar to how things that would have been said about black athletes 50 years ago. Rarely are you going to see a talking head call a white guy 'an amazing athlete' other phrases will be used instead.

This draft showed several things or things one can infer:

a) incredible lack of talent

b) incredible lack of developing players

c) great coaching in that we won 10 games

d) the B1G is a horrific conference at best

e) we have a long, long way to go

Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see in a year or two who from this draft class are still in the NFL. I think this year's class over all is going to be much higher on busts.

Cincinnati is a death sentence.

Disagree, they dont have a RB. I bet he starts week 1

I am not saying Rex will not get a chance to play, just that Cincinnati is a bad team. I also feel sorry for all the NU players in Detroit doomed to suffer on a bad team year after year.

havent they made the playoffs 2 years in a row? not easy to do when you have to play the steelers and ravens 4 times a year.