Subbing in Tommy Armstrong this year?

I might even toy with the idea of starting the kid (Tommy) against South Dakota State. Give Taylor the week off. It is basically a bye week for us. That might be being presumtuous I realize. Maybe we could play Taylor for a couple series and treat the game like it's an NFL preseason tilt.

I might even toy with the idea of starting the kid (Tommy) against South Dakota State. Give Taylor the week off. It is basically a bye week for us. That might be being presumtuous I realize. Maybe we could play Taylor for a couple series and treat the game like it's an NFL preseason tilt.

Do you not remember how the last game against SDSU went for us? Start Taylor every single game, and only put in TA when the game is in hand.

• Fire 1

I think he is going to get a lot of reps in the preseason. Does he get reps during conference play? Would you put him in for a series even if it is a one score game early in the 1st or 2nd Half?

If we were to lose, the same people who complain about our backups not getting enough playing time would crucify Bo for that decision.

I really doubt it. Hopefully we'll actually have some leads where he can get some reps but he'll get plenty in practice to be ready next year.

I think he is going to get a lot of reps in the preseason. Does he get reps during conference play? Would you put him in for a series even if it is a one score game early in the 1st or 2nd Half?

1st half? Maybe. That sort of thing is not unprecedented since Pellllini has been here. 2nd half? I hope not. If it's a close game in the second half Taylor needs to take every snap.