Worse person to have around during a Husker game?

I threw my ring (not wedding, just personal) at my faince's old T.V. during the Iowa St. game in 2010....wasn't cool...not cool at all.

I've been a tard sometimes.........

I get waaaay to drunk during games........

Who I am kidding, f#*k it. I'm still going to get drunk by half-time...every time.

In college, we had a party to watch the NU vs. Arizona State game in 1996 (it started at 9 PM Nebraska time). During that debacle, I threw my plastic beer mug across the room at the TV. I got quite a few looks at that. After the loss, I just sat on the side walk, like the world had ended.

I remember watching the MSU game that year thinking they weren't asking much of Frost. Found out why against ASU, he ended-up being a quality qb but the start was rough. That was a bad night, both my buddies got tossed out of the bar that night.

I hate "offers nothing to the tailgate guy." The guy is there every week and never brings his own booze or food. Didn't pitch in on the TV or generator. Magically shows up right after everything sets up and is no where to be seen when it's time to break down. Doesn't even offer to throw a few bucks our way for some beers. I know this guy well. We'd kick him out but he happens to be a brother of one of the funders of the tailgate. I'm sure many of you have this guy at your tailgate too.

I have actual been this guy at a tailgate my friend drags me about once a year. I feel badly about crashing the tailgate, but the guy who runs it is a big time insurance salesman and just uses it as a business expense on his taxes so he really doesn't expect anyone to bring stuff.

The guy who changes channels during every commercial.

Wait ... that's me. Good thing I watch at my own house.

But really, would you rather watch commercials or check in on another game?

That's what the other TV is for, silly

The guy who changes channels during every commercial.

Wait ... that's me. Good thing I watch at my own house.

But really, would you rather watch commercials or check in on another game?

That's what the other TV is for, silly

Nah, that's what the Favorites button is for. I can set it to the other 4-5 games that are on and quickly cycle through them all during the breaks to catch up on what's happening.

Drives my wife crazy as well so I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Hmmm... sounds like everyone in this thread needs to just watch the games by themselves lol

That's what I do for big road games. Can't watch them with anyone. Family clears out of the house, I get the TV to myself and get pissed off (most of the time, lately) when we're losing. I'm terrible to be around during games like UCLA, Ohio State and the CCG last year. Wasn't a whole lot better during the Wiscy game, but I was in the stands for that one.

I used to get like that. I used to throw my hat, A LOT. Last year I just stopped doing all of that stuff. I always felt that we had a chance to come back and just kept believing it was going to happen. I will note that I missed most of the UCLA game, except for the 4th quarter and I missed everything from the OSU game except the 1st quarter. I might've been in a slightly foul mood had I watched the entirety of those games, but not as bad as I used to.

In 2002 I was in Aruba on a now meaningless honeymoon, and the ex and I went to a sports bar to watch the Broncos game. The Jets game before it was still on, and this a-hole from NY was screaming obscenities and just being a complete belligerent jerk. He ended up throwing his hat and hit my ex in the face with it. When he came over to get his hat I stepped on it and told him to apologize. He replies 'Just give me my f-ing hat'. I gave it to the bartender and told them I wanted to press charges and call police. The guy freaked and left without his Jets hat. I hope it's still there, or they burned it or threw it away or something. I've hated the Jets ever since.

Anybody that throws anything during a game would probably never be invited back to my house for a game. Throwing sh#t when angry is for children, unless your throwing punches. Then, I've been known to oblige.

I guess I don't know the full of knowledge guy that tries to break everything down for everyone and explain the science of what just happened during the game. We tend to cheer, high five, or cuss and scream a bit. Everyone I watch a game with generally knows their sh#t about football and we tend to discuss during commercial breaks possible adjustments or what player needs to have their ass kicked, but the last few seasons we are pretty much up and down emotionally. Lot's of highs, then some real lows. Great thing is, two years ago I believe it was, I found out I can turn off a Husker game and find something else to do. I believe it was Michigan two years ago when they made us look like a bunch of un coached un athletic dumbasses and I turned it off. First game in Husker history I have ever walked away from. Yea, it stung. I thought about it for awhile, but I bet I added years to my hearts life expectancy just by learning that it's okay to walk away.

I guess the guy I can't stand it the one that bitches from the word go. I know one. We drink, we laugh, we hang out usually hours before kickoff, building it up in our minds. Then the game kicks off and three minutes into it when the other team is up 3-0 or 7-0, it's instantly "eff this" or "eff that". I knew this team was gonna do this. Damn this team what's wrong with these coaches-players bla bla bla......I'm always saying "dude, we kicked off to them and they scored" "why don't we give it maybe til' the third quarter before we start judging the direction of this game". Then in the third quarter when Bo and Co. fail to make any adjustments and we still look lost and confused and out classed, then I say okay, now we can bitch. The beer goes very very fast at this point.