UCLA Game worries

No Texas vibe. There was pure hate for what the Longhorns had gotten by with in the CCG. We wanted revenge. We wanted blood. We wanted it too much. And not as a fan base. I get the feeling that our guys played too tight. Our receivers evidenced that with their drops.

Sure, we want to beat UCLA. But other than the alt uniforms and this being our biggest game of the pre conference slate, there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as emotion or extra motivation.

Yeah even Rex dropped that pass that could have been a TD and made it a really close game. I think I only remember him dropping 1 other pass his entire time here.

We tend to fair pretty well against recruits that f#ck us.

I see you, Priest, Devin, and Christian Mo.

On a serious note: I think our D will be more than prepared for them to run at the edges every god damn play this time around and will be ready for all the motion they do. I also think losing Franklin is a huge blow to them and I think our O is much scarier than their O.

They are a scary team, no doubt. They have athletes at every level, and that's what killed us last year against them. Not too mention the fact that Beck lost his mind in the 3rd quarter. I see us winning a shootout, something to the tune of 45-40. Our offense will be too much for their young DL and DB's.

• Fire 1

Instead of playing an average Washington team, we played an above average UCLA team last year and came up short thanks to our inept defense and 2nd half drop off by the offense.

I see us being much improved on offense and better suited defensively to handle their spread attack. Plus an offseason worth of film sessions will help also.

Look for a similar game to 2011 Washington at home.

Really good d-line, so-so secondary should play to our strengths on offense. Not to mention:

the fact that Beck lost his mind in the 3rd quarter.

Beck progressed so much as a play caller over the course of 2012 that I don't see this happening again. With them losing every skill player who hurt us last year (besides Hundley), I don't foresee this game being anything like Texas 2010.

I see this being like Oklahoma State in 2010.

We'll give up a lot of points in the first half, but we'll score more. In the second half they'll continue to get a lot of yards, but not a lot of points.

And the funny thing is, is when you expect things like this, they a lot of times turn out the other way. Remember the shootout that was being expected in the Auburn/Oregon NC game? I can see this game winding up being a 28-17 or 27-21ish type game just because of what we're expecting.

Late yesterday, July 30, Eddie Vanderdoes, a 5-star defensive lineman from Auburn, California, was cleared to play for UCLA. He had originally signed a letter of intent to attend Notre Dame but requested a release from that to be closer to home. It is anticipated that Vanderdoes will play immediately and may likely start on the D-Line. This may not be a worry for Nebraska fans but the news is being greated joyfully on the Bruin sites, especially due to the uncertainty of the injury to Owa.

Below is a link to a video of the UCLA portion of PAC-12 Media Day, with Coach Mora, OL Xavier Sua Filo and LB Anthony Barr. One question from the press asked about how important it was to UCLA to beat Nebraska last year.

I thought all three were pretty impressive but then again I am biased.