****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

@CWhitneyKLIN: Randy Gregory back at practice today, Jake Long to be ready by the first game and practice next week #Huskers

@michaelbruntz: Randy Gregory was back at practice Saturday. Greg McMullen expected back Monday, per Pelini.

phew!! we were slowly but steadily picking up speed towards speculation dumpster fire-ville.

Terrible news about Williams. Was hoping good things for him after last year. With unproven guys and depth his loss hurts.

Good news about Gregory, McMullen and Long. Hope the injury bug is gone

It seems to me we have been snake bit at DT lately. Injuries and depth issues have been a common theme. The decision for Collins to burn his red shirt this year is a little more likely now...... I hope Thad finally has a healthy year and goes out strong. He deserves it.

Collins is going to have to play. No problem IMO because the best way to adjust to the game is by playing.

Good news about Gregory and McMullen. Everything about those two was so quiet you could hear a mouse fart.

I'm not so sure Collins wasn't already going to play...

Damon Benning said the top 4 DT going into camp were Randle, K Williams, Curry, Nickens...I know Valentine and Collins jumped into that convo realllllll quick though. At this point, Randle is the only injury at DT that would be a huge blow. I think the other 4 or 5 guys are all really close together.

Terrible news about Williams. Was hoping good things for him after last year. With unproven guys and depth his loss hurts.

I feel like we havent heard very much about Anderson this fall. Interesting considering the spring he had. Props to Banderas coming on strong as a FR to grab some reps

Yea Lo, sh**ty news and bad news at the same time. Still, some guys are really gonna have to step up at DT. This defense is not ever going to work without somebody making things happen at DT. Period. Who's gonna be the guy I wonder.

Also iowahusker09, I think ZA is a lock for a starting job. I don't think there's even a question. Sometimes I think the less we hear about some guys it seems to be the better. IMO, there's no way ZA isn't a starting LB'er this season. Question is where? I heard he was working outside but then I also heard possible move to inside LB? I like him at MLB honestly.

I feel like we havent heard very much about Anderson this fall. Interesting considering the spring he had. Props to Banderas coming on strong as a FR to grab some reps

Yea Lo, sh**ty news and bad news at the same time. Still, some guys are really gonna have to step up at DT. This defense is not ever going to work without somebody making things happen at DT. Period. Who's gonna be the guy I wonder.

Also iowahusker09, I think ZA is a lock for a starting job. I don't think there's even a question. Sometimes I think the less we hear about some guys it seems to be the better. IMO, there's no way ZA isn't a starting LB'er this season. Question is where? I heard he was working outside but then I also heard possible move to inside LB? I like him at MLB honestly.

Santos is MLB with Zaire and Afalava winging him, although Santos is a natural OLB. He is playing MLB because he knows the defense and calls best.

I think (ideally) they wanted Rose/Banderas to develop into a starting MLB and move everyone to where they play best - I think we will see quite a few backers on the field this year.