****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

I guess this explains why you never heard anything about Walker

Junior defensive end Walker Ashburn had to retire from football, Pelini said, because of concussions. Ashburn had not been an on-field factor for his first three years at NU. Because the retirement occurred after July 1, Ashburn will not go on medical redshirt until after the season. It means, effectively, that one less walk-on can earn a scholarship during the season.

I guess this explains why you never heard anything about Walker

Junior defensive end Walker Ashburn had to retire from football, Pelini said, because of concussions. Ashburn had not been an on-field factor for his first three years at NU. Because the retirement occurred after July 1, Ashburn will not go on medical redshirt until after the season. It means, effectively, that one less walk-on can earn a scholarship during the season.

Yep. I've been asking where he's been for a couple years. When he came in I thought he could be good because he had a high motor. Even if he wasn't athletically great I always figured he'd make it in the lineup because of his fire. He was named the Louisiana 2A defensive player of the year in 2009. Concussions explain a lot.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 9m

Taylor Martinez says #Huskers have handle on turnover issue. "I don't think we've fumbled the ball yet," he said. None? "Maybe 1 or 2..."

Next he'll tell Sipple he's a burrahobbit, and that they fumble "lots... I mean - none at all!"

I heard this interview on sports nightly last night...

Reporter: Taylor, have you guys gotten the turnover situation under control?

Taylor: Yeah, we've worked on it and it's been a big improvement. I dont think anyones even fumbled in practice.

Reporter: No fumbles? None at all?

Taylor: Well, maybe one or two, but yeah it's been a big improvement.

Reporter: What about int's?

Taylor: Hardley any of those either. We've really focused on the turnover issue.

Okay, maybe that's not word for word, but that's what pretty much was said. I kinda gotta kick out of it. "none" "None??!! Really??". "Well, maybe 1 or 2"...

Taylor Martinez says #Huskers have handle on turnover issue. "I don't think we've fumbled the ball yet," he said. None? "Maybe 1 or 2..."

Next he'll tell Sipple he's a burrahobbit, and that they fumble "lots... I mean - none at all!"

Taylor: Yeah, we've worked on it and it's been a big improvement. I dont think anyones even fumbled in practice.

Taylor: Hardley any of those either. We've really focused on the turnover issue.

Okay, maybe that's not word for word, but that's what pretty much was said. I kinda gotta kick out of it. "none" "None??!! Really??". "Well, maybe 1 or 2"...

It's at 3:24 of the video posted earlier

Taylor sharpened up his interview skills dramatically since his freshman year. Not perfect, but much better, which will be a positive if he gets some national pub this year.

I have heard that a lot recently. I know Taylor wasn't always smooth behind the mic, but I think people were too critical of that when he was younger. Not everyone is going to be a great public speaker. I am not saying you are being super critical, it's just something the fans in general have been critical of TMart.

Everyone has to do a shot when someone says critical from this post on!

It's at 3:24 of the video posted earlier

Thanks. I cant hear videos from where I'm at during the day.

Was i close going off my memory?