Tyler Moore "Hated the game" after Nebraska....

I think he felt a lot of pressure to come to NU and play. I am sure this is were he thought he wanted to play also. But, I don't think he could handle the expectations and the fact that someone might be outworking him for playing time. He may have thought he was working hard, and he may have been working hard. But a freshman playing against upper classman is a big disadvantage on the o-line even if he is super talented. The o-line is rarely a place for freshman to come into and play right away.

If I remember correctly Sirles or Qvale was hurt at the beginning of his freshman year so that was part of the reason for getting the start.

Big fish in small pond comes to big pond filled with big fish, then gets discouraged. It happens.

Big time recruits sometimes struggle with the transition. It's a concept that Bill C didn't understand. He thought his "big time" recruits could just come and suit up and go.

A lot of these guys make their name on pure natural talent and are completely unrefined. And a lot of times you have to break them down in order to build them back up again. That break down process can cause a few of them to turn tail and run. If you don't have some of those guys walking away from your program you are either A) Not breaking them down to build them toward their full potential or B) VERY LUCKY.

Nine out of 10 times..... It's option A.... IMO

The frustrating thing about situations like this is that many times, the player will go to a new school and work their azz off just like THIS staff wanted them to do. He will then be successful and he could have been that successful here if he would work as hard as he is at his new place.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

That said.....I get frustrated and just roll my eyes when some kid plays as a true freshman and bitches that he doesn't play enough. YOUR A FRIGGEN TRUE FRESHMAN AND PLAYING ON THE O LINE. A lineman is the hardest position to play as a freshman. Just be happy you were on the field at all as a freshman.

I was a huge fan of Tyler Moore. And regardless of what people think about Tyler Moore, you have to admit the guy has talent. He's the caliber of physically gifted OL recruit that we see once every decade or so. Imagine how good our OL would be if Moore had stuck around. Imagine if he had the mental drive of, say, Spencer Long. It's just too bad Tyler Moore pussed out.

I read some UF publication that mentioned they were gonna move Mary Tyler to guard because they didn't think he could handle SEC defensive ends. Must not be all that great.

I am sure Tyler felt a lot of pressure from his family to come to NU. Going from Florida to Nebraska had to be a big adjustment. He might not have like Lincoln from day 1, but was starting as a frosh, so that made up for not like the city/university. When that PT dropped as his frosh year went on, he probably got more frustrated and started to "hate football".

Now, I wish he would have stayed tough and stuck through everything, but he didn't want to go through that. He went back home to where he is more comfortable. If he flames out at Florida, he probably didn't have the mental makeup to match his physical skills.

The frustrating thing about situations like this is that many times, the player will go to a new school and work their azz off just like THIS staff wanted them to do. He will then be successful and he could have been that successful here if he would work as hard as he is at his new place.

That said.....I get frustrated and just roll my eyes when some kid plays as a true freshman and bitches that he doesn't play enough. YOUR A FRIGGEN TRUE FRESHMAN AND PLAYING ON THE O LINE. A lineman is the hardest position to play as a freshman. Just be happy you were on the field at all as a freshman.

Please name me guys who have left here and went and made themselves successful somewhere else.

Please name me guys who have left here and went and made themselves successful somewhere else.

AVWXEBTGDLWUMEV.20070828183906.JPG

• Fire 1

I hear Cody Green is doing pretty well.

What would we expect him to say, that he loved it at Nebraska and he wishes he wouldn't have transferred? Who freaking cares.

Are you kidding?

He could have been a man and said it didn't work out, and left it at that. Instead he's crying to the media about his playing time as a true freshman.

Yeah, and he's gone from NU and now at Florida. Who cares what he says. Transfers happen for a number of reasons and at pretty much every school.

Correct. And all of those other transfers resulted in the players bad mouthing the school they had left. right?

Yet everyone is bad mouthing this 20 year old kid whom they have never met and have no idea what he was going through at NU. I am not saying what Moore did is right. I just love how we jump down the throat of this kid for answering a question. Yes, he is "bad mouthing" the NU program, but everyone within the program knows the truth, that's all that really matters.

I would normally say something about your "20 year old kid" comment. At 20, you're a young man, not a kid, but in this case I believe you are right.

I hear Cody Green is doing pretty well.

I guess you could say he is doing well. At Tulsa. And I wouldnt say he's exactly lighting it up, making HuskerNation wish he was still here.

Anyone else? I'm serious. I really cant recall anyone whatsoever that fits the category of "successful and he could have been that successful here if he would work as hard as he is at his new place."

I'm not really arguing or disagreeing with Buster. But in cases like this, i just dont recall anyone ever makiing us miss them. Pretty much wondering if anyone can refresh my memory on someone who has.

The kid, nor the article attempted to throw Nebraska under the bus. Why are people attacking the kid? The article clearly states that Bo and the rest of the staff had a very high opinion of him but it just didn't work out here. No need to take that personally and start trashing the kid. WTF???

On another note, it's not like he's at some D3 school fluffing his ego with playing time. UF is, by a fairly common opinion, a bigger pond than Nebraska...