Debate it: MSU's defense or Husker offense?

zoogs

If your defense is amazing, you're never out of any game. MSU is obvious choice

I generally prefer defense over offense but it is not obvious in this case. Considering we've beaten the defense of MSU two years in a row, the obvious choice here is Nebraskas O. The problem probably being that MSU's D is not as elite as it could be.

• Fire 1

The question is misleading. What kind of offense comes with Michigan St's D? If I have to take their offense with, jeebus kriest shoot me now. I'll take our offense at the risk of having to outscore folks. I know there's some comparisons of their D to our Suh-fense, but our '09 offense could run circles around this Michigan St offense. Our '09 unit actually put up points against the nobodies. If Mich St's d dont score multiple takeaways in conference play, they may get shut out week after week..

A very good defense/sucky offense in 2009 got us the same results as a very good offense/sucky defense is 2012. A 10-4 record with a CCG lose.

If I had to pick between a good defense or a good offense, Id go with the good defense also. That 2009 CCG (defensive game plan) was a thing of beauty!

Just FYI, Nebraska won that CCG in regulation time. It was lost after 60:01 of play and intervention by the Big XII Commissioner, Deloss Dodds. :-|

As for the topic, I wouldn't read too much into it other that Eric trying to show he can be an objective CFB analyst and make something of his latest opportunity with the BTN.

Crouch does have potential, so if he has to do a song and dance about MSU's defense (which won't matter as MSU is jinxed against us... :) ) to live another day and hone his craft, then so be it.