Concerning THAT particular Ohio St game........

Comish

I was in attendance at the game at the center of this weasal-gate scandal.

My recollection is that there may have been a few isolated boos at halftime and "some" fans may have left, but the way this is being portrayed as a huge large scale demonstration doesn't square at all with my memory.

I'm interested if others think this part of the story is being falsely recalled......?

I was there.There was a fairly loud amount of booing for 15-20 seconds.There were several thousand folks leaving over the bridge north of the stadium at half.I know,I was in one of the stadium exits on the west side.Talking with my son on the phone in California,I was really surprised to see so many leaving.Told him the fair weather fans were going home.

I was at the game in the east stadium. I can remember hearing some boos but nearly as many as this story wants us to believe. LIke mentioned above the way the Wisconsin game ended and the way the OSU game started I don't blame people who did boo. Definitely not how things were supposed to go.

Most memorable part of the night was when we started making the comeback of course I was up being as loud as I could and had a 12 yr old kid in front of me tell me I needed to be quiet.

Beck either shines or collapses when panic mode hits.

What would be the alternative to these two outcomes?

Shines = 4 epic comebacks in one year!

Collapse = See any B1G losss weve had

The alternative would be keeping pace and not having to claw back from the depths like we seemingly have become accustomed to.

Booing has gotta make a coach and players feel pretty bad.

But having 92,000 fans sitting in the stadium stunned silent has gotta feel pretty creepy, too.

What gets a player or coach pissed off enough to fight back? While I'm no fan of booing, I'm generally curious what it takes for this team to fight back.

That's what makes the rest of this season more interesting.

I think Bo would have to kill a puppy to get booed this Saturday.

The only mass exodus that I remember ( I wasn't there but heard about it) was halftime OSU lite Cowboys 2007 wt NU down by 35 or so at half - the death nail for BC and Peterson.

I was at that Okie State game and stayed until the bitter end in a mostly empty stadium. There was something about that game that seemed historically significant, like I made a point of wathching it all. Kind of like the little boy taking responsibility for shooting Old Yeller himself.

However, I turned off the Ohio State game in the 3rd Quarter, in my mind comparing it to Okie State, and thinking if we went through all this again, NU would never be back to the top. I only rushed back in the 4th Quarter after flabbergasted texts from friends and my brother. So that night, I was a f'ing fairweather fan, but never again will I shut it off early.

Ironically, when I shut off the Ohio State game, I spent time with my wife instead, until I ran back to watch the end of the comeback. F'ing fairweather husband.

I was at the game and remember the booing. I also remember Bo was noticeably aware of it on the side lines.

I don't boo. Never have and don't think there is a place for it in college sports when these players are only paid with a scholarship (not saying it's minor but it's not like they are paid milliions). You can say you are booing the coaching staff and that's fine. But, the players take this personally and they work their azzes off to win.

I have never left early in a game (other than once in college but that's for another story). I can't imagine it. I guess I don't blame people for doing it if we are getting blown out and you are tired of seeing that in Memorial stadium.

However, I have seen people leave early during wins too. I've even seen people leave early in nail biting games. There are a certain number of fans who for some reason find it more important to beat the crowd than stay to the end.

That isn't what was happening that night but it happens.

The only mass exodus that I remember ( I wasn't there but heard about it) was halftime OSU lite Cowboys 2007 wt NU down by 35 or so at half - the death nail for BC and Peterson.

Missouri in 2008 was the largest exodus I have ever been too. Place had to be half full in the 4th quarter.

Concerning the OSU game not that many people left early and the ones that did were students that always leave at half time b/c they would rather drink. Every game has the top corner of the student section empty at halftime. I remember Memorial being one of the loudest I have ever heard the 2nd half of OSU.

Yes, OKLAHOMA STATE and MISSOURI were wall to wall bodies going down the exit ramps

THIS one is true

I'm surprised Pelini made so much of fans booing and leaving. Surely when he was considering becoming a coach it occurred to him such things occur in sports stadiums.

Maybe it's not that coaching at Nebraska is inherently more stressful than coaching for most major sports team. Maybe, just maybe, Pelini doesn't handle stressful situations very well.

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

• Fire 5

There was a good amount of booing (I was in the student section). And if I remember right Bo gave his signature f#*k it wave to the crowd when they were at their loudest. Usually that was reserved for the refs.

There were actually some boos this past week at the end of the half when we ran the clock out, although it was mostly frat guys being dumbasses.