Bo and Paps

Sorry, but Bo absolutely was an embarrasment to the program today.

Paps deserves heat for all the defensive screw ups, but he is a grown man. Not a boy. And you do not treat your DC like that on the sidelines in front of his players, much less the entire television audience. You don't treat players like that either. You don't even treat bad children like that. This wasn't a momentary lapse either. Bo just kept going and going and going and every lip reader knew what he was saying and you could watch the players giving them a wide berth and that's a really, really bad look in the last minutes of a game you've won by 20 points. Kenny Bell of all people goes over to console Paps. Paps is in over his head, but this is bad head coaching mojo.

I watched the game with my neighbor. I had him over because he went to Illinois. He doesn't follow much college football because, well, he went to Illinois, and he knew nothing about the various Pelini controversies. But he knows a lot about coaching and sports and he thought the guy looked like a total a-hole. I really couldn't argue with him. This defense is on Pelini's head, and browbeating your own hand-picked DC like a spotty intern doesn't speak well of Bo Pelini. If you're not from Nebraska, you can't help rooting against this guy.

Unbelievable...

• Fire 4

Paps deserves heat for all the defensive screw ups, but he is a grown man. Not a boy. And you do not treat your DC like that on the sidelines in front of his players, much less the entire television audience. You don't treat players like that either. You don't even treat bad children like that. This wasn't a momentary lapse either. Bo just kept going and going and going and every lip reader knew what he was saying and you could watch the players giving them a wide berth and that's a really, really bad look in the last minutes of a game you've won by 20 points. Kenny Bell of all people goes over to console Paps. Paps is in over his head, but this is bad head coaching mojo.

I watched the game with my neighbor. I had him over because he went to Illinois. He doesn't follow much college football because, well, he went to Illinois, and he knew nothing about the various Pelini controversies. But he knows a lot about coaching and sports and he thought the guy looked like a total a-hole. I really couldn't argue with him. This defense is on Pelini's head, and browbeating your own hand-picked DC like a spotty intern doesn't speak well of Bo Pelini. If you're not from Nebraska, you can't help rooting against this guy.

Unbelievable...

+1, po.

what did the other people at your house think of bo?

Ridiculous. This was a team that people were afraid of because they hung around with Washington. But now that we beat them and beat them pretty good, they all of a sudden suck? Absurd.

To be fair, they do suck.

The only thing that ever concerned me about Illinois was a mobile QB. Which is always cause for concern since we're in man coverage so much. But overall, I'm pleased with the performance today. We did what we were supposed to do against an inferior opponent. Which is definitely preferable to playing down to their level.

I think you've never been part of a program w an Italian, blue collar, passionate coach. If part of a program ever on any level.

Football games bring out passion and fire. Get over it.

• Fire 1

Nothing to be seen on this. Two of Spurrier's assistants coming to blows on the sidelines a few weeks ago was more entertaining.

Good one Knapplc.

Come on guys, we know that is just Bo being Bo. It has been this way since day one. No big deal for a Nebraska fan. The problem is, other than Nebraska fans see Bo in action. Most are not fans of Bo. But, we most likely would not have liked watching Devaney on sideline TV either. Saben is no slouch either.

If I remember correctly a bunch on here had Pap fired last game. Eh, he may go, but doubt it. Bo needs someone he can push around.

I admit, I was one that was concerned about this game. Had no idea, but I think they played much better, gave a team that was getting some positive said about them. Much better win than SDSU. This one means something.

We won the game, saw improvement, really how much more can you ask for.

What do you think of Nick Saban?

What do you think of Nick Saban?

He wins MNCs so he can punch his players and it'd be okay...

Unbelievable...

+1, po.

what did the other people at your house think of bo?

Jeebus f'ing kriest. Another "my neighbor from ________ thinks Bo is an a-hole" story. Good greif.

• Fire 2

We beat Illinois, of course they suck. And if we beat Alabama, they would suck, too.

And when we give up 600 yards....everyone gives up 600 yards...our defense is young...we're the only team in football with a young defense....

Seriously why do you even post in a thread like this since you seem to despise such a large number of Nebraska FANS?

We beat Illinois, of course they suck. And if we beat Alabama, they would suck, too.

And when we give up 600 yards....everyone gives up 600 yards...our defense is young...we're the only team in football with a young defense....

Seriously why do you even post in a thread like this since you seem to despise such a large number of Nebraska FANS?

We didn't give up 600 yards. But there are some people that are still acting like we did.