Who is the most-loved Husker quarterback since Tommie Frazier?

knapplc

Most loved Husker Quarterback  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty straightforward question, but note - I'm not asking who YOU loved more, but who you think the fans as a whole loved more. For obvious reasons we can't include Tommie Frazier, hence the odd cutoff.

I'm pretty sure I got everyone who started a majority of games in a season. Guys like Sam Keller get in because he played most of 2007 before getting injured. Cody Green doesn't get in because he started only four games spread out over a couple of years during the Martinez era. Tommy Armstrong isn't in because he's started three games in his career.

Let me know if there's someone I missed.

My take on this was emotional sentiment for, but people will vote as they please. Whatever works.

I can't see Crouch because people were constantly griping about him not sharing the football, quitting the team, etc. Surprised he has the early lead.

If people are going off accomplishments Frost should be getting more votes, going 24-2 with two bowl wins and a National Championship. But especially in 1996, a LOT of fans couldn't stand the guy.

Going back through several posts over the last couple of months, I'd have to vote for Frost considering how many want him back on staff here. I don't see any of the others name pop up as much in threads as Frost.

That also has a lot to do with how accomplished he is as a coach. He's a few years removed from a HC gig, and even then it'd have to be a lower tier team imho. The other guys with the exception of Ganz haven't coached for that long or never did if I'm not mistaken.

I voted Crouch mainly because of the Heisman. And I started really paying attention to Husker football around 1999 when I was 10, which is right when Crouch was here, so he was the first real Husker QB I followed. At the time, I thought he was the coolest thing in the world, and those memories still influence my opinion of him now.

Not sure I personally would put Joe Ganz at the top of the list but I recall most people thinking he played with all heart! So to answer your question the way it is laid out, I voted Ganz.

For me; Turner Gill should be on the list. :dunno