Does this statement bother you?

NUinID

Over on Huskerpedia their is a heated debate about this being really a bad thing. I take this statement to mean that they have several directions they can go in the recruiting during this off week and they are still deciding what to do. Most on the other board think it means they are disorganized and have no clue what to do.

I guess I don't understand how some people can take one sentence and read so much into it

Ross Els said Nebraska had a slightly less-coordinated plan of which players to visit this week vs. the first bye week, when NU visited all of its top prospects.

http://sports.omaha....r/#.UmA5s_TnaM9

People are going to read into things however it fits into their own personal agenda. At first glance, it could seem like they are disorganized and don't have a plan. But, more realistically, they are probably figuring out what would be the best use of their resources and what targets they need to see and visit. Waiting to the last minute to finalize things probably enables them to get the best use of the coach's time. If a coach is planning to visit a kid who has no real interest in going to NU, then it's a waste of time to send the coach down there.

• Fire 2

I would only assume people who have a short fuse for issues probably are looking at a statement from Els and thinking "this is our Recruiting coordinator and he don't have a firm grasp on who needs to be visited with?"

Not sure, but you know, well, maybe there is a reason we are looking for more coordination in our recruiting dept?

This doesn’t shake my tree but whatever!

People are going to read into things however it fits into their own personal agenda. At first glance, it could seem like they are disorganized and don't have a plan. But, more realistically, they are probably figuring out what would be the best use of their resources and what targets they need to see and visit. Waiting to the last minute to finalize things probably enables them to get the best use of the coach's time. If a coach is planning to visit a kid who has no real interest in going to NU, then it's a waste of time to send the coach down there.

You state it better than I did. This is basically what I was thinking.

I doubt "Average Husker Fan" has any idea what it's like to schedule calls/visits with tons of recruits on a weekly basis (not that I do, but I don't envision it being very simple).

I take this statement to be that they are trying to maximize their time and use it as effectively as possible, like ColoradoHusk said.

The article it came from had more than one sentence that I thought came off disorganized and concerning. Whether it sounds worse than it is we don't know.

If you combine this with some of the recruiting troubles from a few years ago and then lack of visits this year (at least for 2014- the 2015 visit list is awesome!), I think husker fans have every reason to find this a reason to be concerned.

• Fire 2

Its different here than it is at say an LSU where it recruits itself. Here you have to figure out which coach gets you the best result with each recruit. This may mean that they are going outside the box to try and land a recruit that isnt sold on us yet or perhaps they are swing for the fences with multiple tactics to try and land a big name for the class. Either way Im not worried yet at all.