\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

1st Quarter Impressions:

• Great opening drive for Taylor Martinez & Nebraska.
  • Nice to see Pat Smith able to hit a long field goal...probably will help boost his confidence.
  • The way Ameer Abdullah is running early on in this game, he looks like he could have a big day.
  • Defensively, pre-snap motions still give Bo Pelini defenses fits, especially those jet sweep actions. It's exactly what Wisconsin did to us in the Big Ten Championship game last season.
  • Our run defense was easily giving up 6 yards a pop on Minnesota's first scoring drive. You can't win a lot of games when you give up those kind of plays on the ground.

What I would like to see in the 2nd Quarter:

1. Normally, I like a slower paced game to give our defense time to make adjustments, but I think for this game with the kind of talent we have on offense I think we need to keep the pace fast against this Minnesota defense to tire them out early.
  2. If our defense can't stop the Gophers running game, we might have to to use stunts & blitzes earlier than we wanted.
  3. Keep mixing up the Spread formation & I-formation looks.