"Minnesota's biggest win in the Jerry Kill era"

knapplc

Chalk up another "biggest win" for a coach at Nebraska's expense. Iowa State pulled it off in 2009 for Paul Rhoads, and now we're the butt of another program-changing win for yet another coach.

I'm beyond sick and tired of obliging these weak teams who want a program-defining win. We should be far too good for this nonsense.

The worst thing is, I saw it coming:

The Golden Gophers are coming off an inspired win at Northwestern, and appear to be playing for their coach, Jerry Kill, who has been battling the effects of epilepsy. Coach Kill will once again not be running the show, but will watch the game from the press box. Kill's halftime speech last week in Evanston is thought to have been a contributing factor for the Gophers' hard-fought win.

Some are expecting an easy Husker win today, but teams rallying around a fallen comrade - or coach - are dangerous. There are no gimmes under these circumstances.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Minnesota came out and played inspired football and we played like we didn't want to be there, like we just wanted to show up, collect our win and go home.

This lack of effort has been the hallmark of the Bo Pelini era.

• Fire 3

Chalk up another "biggest win" for a coach at Nebraska's expense. Iowa State pulled it off in 2009 for Paul Rhoads, and now we're the butt of another program-changing win for yet another coach.

I'm beyond sick and tired of obliging these weak teams who want a program-defining win. We should be far too good for this nonsense.

The Golden Gophers are coming off an inspired win at Northwestern, and appear to be playing for their coach, Jerry Kill, who has been battling the effects of epilepsy. Coach Kill will once again not be running the show, but will watch the game from the press box. Kill's halftime speech last week in Evanston is thought to have been a contributing factor for the Gophers' hard-fought win.

Some are expecting an easy Husker win today, but teams rallying around a fallen comrade - or coach - are dangerous. There are no gimmes under these circumstances.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Minnesota came out and played inspired football and we played like we didn't want to be there, like we just wanted to show up, collect our win and go home.

Hey, I thought the team that could bite us in the ass it was Minnesota.

I miss the days of the players having fun. That 08 season wasn't so bad because the players (and fans) all believed in the "process." Anyone see the Andy Reid gif of him being the koolaid man crashing through the wall? That team is having fun and they're a pro team. Today was a game for Nebraska to come out fired up (we play better on the road right) and just go after a lesser team. I'm beyond disappointed. I'm just like the team...disinterested.

I miss the days of the players having fun. That 08 season wasn't so bad because the players (and fans) all believed in the "process." Anyone see the Andy Reid gif of him being the koolaid man crashing through the wall? That team is having fun and they're a pro team. Today was a game for Nebraska to come out fired up (we play better on the road right) and just go after a lesser team. I'm beyond disappointed. I'm just like the team...disinterested.

This is the scariest part about the whole situation.... and there is plenty of evidence that you aren't the only fan. Frankly, I consider myself a diehard fan and I feel pretty disinterested as well. It's depressing.

Hey, I thought the team that could bite us in the ass it was Minnesota.

I called this too before the season. Folks need to respect Coach Kill--he's been a winner wherever he's gone.

Frankly, if we were going to lose to any B1G program, I'm glad it's Kill--he's very inspirational and those kids are playing over their heads for him.

Yes, we should have won. We should have pulled Randle and Martinez. We should have stuck with our ground game when it was working rather well.

True story--my daughter asked why we were passing when running the ball was working. This is before she got tired of the game and went to make Nebraska sugar cookies with her mom in the kitchen.

At least someone had a good experience with something Nebraska-related today.

• Fire 1

You're sick of this yet oh so quick to defend Taylor Martinez and Bo Pelini. I just don't see how you get to play both sides of the fence Knapp.

• Fire 2

You're sick of this yet oh so quick to defend Taylor Martinez and Bo Pelini. I just don't see how you get to play both sides of the fence Knapp.

I'm not defending either. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm dispelling some of the myths and misinformation people are dropping about Martinez (like he's responsible for the defense's problems), but I'm not defending Pelini at all.

I'm done with Bo. If he can't get his team prepared to beat a Minnesota team we clearly outclass athletically, and his players can't be passionate enough to simply play fundamental football, then he's got to go.

I'm not defending either. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm dispelling some of the myths and misinformation people are dropping about Martinez (like he's responsible for the defense's problems), but I'm not defending Pelini at all.

I'm done with Bo. If he can't get his team prepared to beat a Minnesota team we clearly outclass athletically, and his players can't be passionate enough to simply play fundamental football, then he's got to go.

Do we though? Our O-line is a bunch of puggy slobs. Look at O-Linemen from other teams around the country and a hell of a lot of them look athletic, have defined arms and can move. I'm not convinced our O-line is even close to elite even within our conference. They've just benefited from our attack being so difficult to defend. In the offensive skill positions we outclass them, but other than that I'm not all that sure.

Do we though? Our O-line is a bunch of puggy slobs. Look at O-Linemen from other teams around the country and a hell of a lot of them look athletic, have defined arms and can move. I'm not convinced our O-line is even close to elite even within our conference. They've just benefited from our attack being so difficult to defend. In the offensive skill positions we outclass them, but other than that I'm not all that sure.

and just last week, everyone was raving about how improved the O line play was....Ameer did get his yards today....I am more concerned with the weaklings on defense...we got out ass handed to us on first down, on almost every possession they ran.

A hurt Martinez cannot make the offensive effective. This results in three and outs. Which puts our suspect defense on the field more often then it ever should be. Ergo, Martinez hurt the offense today.

Is it his fault? Not really, he's clearly hurt. Shouldn't be out there.

Is it Bo's fault? Yep and it's a termination worthy offense for what he did to Taylor. And you're correct about the other things too.