Come on Husker fans. A loss to Minnesota wasn't all that big of a deal

tmfr15

You don't know? Did you forget what you posted a little bit ago?

If Pelini is let go, I'd expect improvement starting year 1 from the next coach since that's exactly what we got from Pelini. The only way to improve is 10 wins including a conference championship.

Even completely ignoring that, it's obvious you only care about the record, which is pretty laughable. At this point, I'm a bit unsure if you're a troll or not. Help me decide?

Let me repeat. I do not know what our record will be for THIS season, which is specifically what you asked. Based on Pelini's performance from day one here, the only way to better him is winning 10 plus the conference title.

How about not getting our ass handed to us two or three times a year? That would be improvement. Your inability or refusal to comprehend that we aren't pissed off because we are only winning nine games a season is insufferable.

If it was ONLY the blowouts

or

If it was ONLY the unorganization on game days

or

If it was ONLY that audio tape

or

If it was ONLY the roster mismanagement

People wouldn't be that upset. It's the combination of all of those things AND being absolutely outclassed by Minnesota that has people up in arms.

Or the lack of progress or improvement.

Or a team that repeatedly claims to have lost focus, laid down or not give their best

Or a coaching staff that sounds confused and lost when asked about the struggles and how to fix them.

Those things grow the list you already started and still there are people out there who don't get it.

You begin to wonder if these people even care about the team and the players as individuals. Do they care about the program as a whole. Or are they just swinging from Bos jock?

• Fire 2

The arguments of "yeah but he wins 9 games a year" or "he's 71%" are hogwash. I know it and so do most Husker fans and others outside the program. We are given, and it is more than reasonable to expect, 6-7 wins per year on the basis of scheduling and conference affiliation alone.

More than reasonable expectations to win this year; Wyoming, S. Miss, SDSU, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, & Iowa

Non gimmes this year; UCLA, NW, Michigan, MSU, & PSU.

Is it really unreasonable to expect at least 9 wins? Is it unreasonable to want to win only 2 or 3 games that were not handed to us on a silver platter? Really? Sure, 9 out of 12 is 75%, sounds good on the surface. But, when you consider that is only really winning 2 out of 5 that should be in question, that is only 40% and doesn't look so hot to me. When we drop 1 of the expecteds and are hanging on for dear life in another, is it really that strange that people begin questioning things?

Maybe not if your John Q. No expectations sports writer. And did I understand he was touting Iowa as the better team and we should expect a loss from them to? According to him, Nebraska losing to Iowa should be considered normal. Is that what some of you want? To be satisfied and happy basically going 50% every year. Being unprepared, playing poorly, not making adjustments and accepting that, well sure Minny or Iowa or Wyoming won, why shouldn't they? They're close and have the same scholly limits as us. What makes us so special, so entitled? bullsh#t. That whole article is nothing more than bullsh#t. If you subscribe to that swill, you have no standards and expect nothing. When you expect nothing, you get nothing. GTFO.

• Fire 5

If Pelini is let go, I'd expect improvement starting year 1 from the next coach since that's exactly what we got from Pelini. The only way to improve is 10 wins including a conference championship.

Even completely ignoring that, it's obvious you only care about the record, which is pretty laughable. At this point, I'm a bit unsure if you're a troll or not. Help me decide?

Let me repeat. I do not know what our record will be for THIS season, which is specifically what you asked. Based on Pelini's performance from day one here, the only way to better him is winning 10 plus the conference title.

How about not getting our ass handed to us two or three times a year? That would be improvement. Your inability or refusal to comprehend that we aren't pissed off because we are only winning nine games a season is insufferable.

or

or

or

People wouldn't be that upset. It's the combination of all of those things AND being absolutely outclassed by Minnesota that has people up in arms.

The perplexing look on the face of these coaches during these losses are perplexing.

The arguments of "yeah but he wins 9 games a year" or "he's 71%" are hogwash. I know it and so do most Husker fans and others outside the program. We are given, and it is more than reasonable to expect, 6-7 wins per year on the basis of scheduling and conference affiliation alone.

More than reasonable expectations to win this year; Wyoming, S. Miss, SDSU, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, & Iowa

Non gimmes this year; UCLA, NW, Michigan, MSU, & PSU.

Is it really unreasonable to expect at least 9 wins? Is it unreasonable to want to win only 2 or 3 games that were not handed to us on a silver platter? Really? Sure, 9 out of 12 is 75%, sounds good on the surface. But, when you consider that is only really winning 2 out of 5 that should be in question, that is only 40% and doesn't look so hot to me. When we drop 1 of the expecteds and are hanging on for dear life in another, is it really that strange that people begin questioning things?

Maybe not if your John Q. No expectations sports writer. And did I understand he was touting Iowa as the better team and we should expect a loss from them to? According to him, Nebraska losing to Iowa should be considered normal. Is that what some of you want? To be satisfied and happy basically going 50% every year. Being unprepared, playing poorly, not making adjustments and accepting that, well sure Minny or Iowa or Wyoming won, why shouldn't they? They're close and have the same scholly limits as us. What makes us so special, so entitled? bullsh#t. That whole article is nothing more than bullsh#t. If you subscribe to that swill, you have no standards and expect nothing. When you expect nothing, you get nothing. GTFO.

tumblr_ldib5t0RDO1qafrh6.png

or

or

or

Or the lack of progress or improvement.

Or a team that repeatedly claims to have lost focus, laid down or not give their best

Or a coaching staff that sounds confused and lost when asked about the struggles and how to fix them.

Those things grow the list you already started and still there are people out there who don't get it.

You begin to wonder if these people even care about the team and the players as individuals. Do they care about the program as a whole. Or are they just swinging from Bos jock?

I know. Plus, there are more. It baffles me that others can't see it.

with the facilities, fan base, $, price of season tx, sell out, and one of the most valuable college franchises (for the moment) etc. ...expecting to win games you are supposed to win and being very competitive in all the rest is all this fan asks...otherwise , you can be a mid major and you get to play in 1/2 full stadiums, sub par facilities, etc...husker nation provides way too much support ($ and other) to have a football program with this many problems and lack of performance

Exactly.

If we wanted to be a pathetic performing poor excuse of a program we could just move to Boulder, start smokin indo on the Pearl street mall and not give a sh#t what or how the team does. I'm not gonna apologize for not accepting mediocrity. f#*k that, participation ribbons are for pussies and losers.

I have always said I could care less about wins or losses. I care about how the game is played. How the University is represented. Last weekend was about the worst effort I have ever seen from this program, and that includes Clownahan. What are we supposed to expect? Steadily moving down the ladder. Our wins last year, were gifts by some teams/officials. Are we supposed to expect battles from the Wyomings of the world. The UCLA's that get man handled by the top teams, and the curb stomp us. Is this what we send the checks in for, spend hours defending our team to the truly logical fan of another program.

If you can truly tell me this is what you expected this summer, when all the high flying hype was rolling off your lips, then there is no sense in believing what your saying now.

I still want Bo to right this ship, but I truly do not think it is possible. Give me a reason to believe it is, that things will change, that effort on the field will match the effort and money I spend on this program.

I have changed from being a Bo hater, to a semi believer. But this last game, I can find no reason for it to happen, to be so totally unprepared, so out of it from the get go.

The main argument made is that fans of certain schools invest more into their program and feel entitled to win all the time because of it. College football basically IS a rigged game. It really makes you appreciate the salary caps and rules of the NFL that give every team a chance on any given day rather than the college system of the elites beating up on the teams that really don't stand a chance for anything but the occasional upset. I think the head of the BIG was onto something when he said players who want to be paid should go ahead and join a professional organization and leave the NCAA to amateurs; that the NFL should stop using the NCAA as its minor league. Where would that leave the entitled schools?

at this point i think a more appropriate column might tell the Gophers that it isn't such a big deal to beat Nebraska.

This^. All it seems to take is a remedial rushing game, desire to win, and a willingness to play for more than 2 quarters. At this point, Nebraska has to be viewed as the easiest remaining game by all our opponents. Watch tape on Minnesota and 2013 CCG and you've got your game plan.

If we wanted to be a pathetic performing poor excuse of a program we could just move to Boulder, start smokin indo on the Pearl street mall and not give a sh#t what or how the team does. I'm not gonna apologize for not accepting mediocrity. f#*k that, participation ribbons are for pussies and losers.

On a related note, I heard that the blackshirts were removed from the players' lockers and replaced with participation ribbons.

And YOLO Strong bracelets.