@footballscoop

Everyone at FAU has been asked to keep quiet until 4pm et announcement. I would expect Jeff Sims to take over as interim but not confirmed

@footballscoop

Re FAU, don’t expect this to be about on the field issues.

I'm sure that second one is a speculation, but it's the odds-on favorite for the reason why.

The second one was confirmed by local beat guy. Sounds like more than just Carl leaving.

Carl after FAU's loss to Tulane last weekend:

Were you shaken at all from what you saw of the game?

Shaken, no. Not shaken. I didn't think we played up to our potential, for whatever reason. It was a long stretch, six road games. Every team has that let down. It is hard to guard against. It just came on the wrong night for us against a very talented opponent, but certainly the want to is there for the players. Sometimes, you come out and you just aren't as sharp as you would like to be. Maybe, I could handle the bye week a little differently, this next time. A lot of things go into it. I don't think shaken is the word. Because I certainly have a lot of confidence that we can put that game behind us and that we will come out and put a good performance together, on Saturday.

Do you think the bye week factored into it?

I don't know. As a coach, you have to look at every different angle and see where you can improve - improve the preparation and get better.

On Tulane

They are good at everything. They do not hurt themselves. They play extremely hard on defense. They pursue well. Because of that, they do not give up a lot of big plays. I would compare them, what I see on tape defensively a lot to how we were playing defensively probably prior to the Auburn game: great effort, great pursuit. Offensively, they are physical, they execute their run game very well. They are really well schooled. They don't do a whole lot but they know how to do what they do. You don't see guys standing in the holes on block. They get a body on a body. They have a good running back and a quarterback who is running their offense well. They have some talented wide outs. They will take some deep shots and look for the big plays. Same thing on special teams, they do not hurt themselves and make plays on special teams. They are just one of those teams that execute in each phase of the game and because of that they have had some success this year.

LINK

That sounds all too familiar.

This makes me really uncomfortable.

A little bit because of the timing with everything going on with his brother, but moreso just because - seriously Carl? You're a grown man. How hard is it to control primal urges and be a contributing member of society.

carl_tree.jpg