Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

My sources inside the program have told me Osborne and Eichorst have already had multiple phone calls with Frost.

Not saying I believe you, but isn't TO done supervising Eichorst? I thought that was a six month deal. Also, not sure if you're just joking about the aquarium guy.

Let's just say there's mutual interest.

Are you for real about this? I have no idea if you have a history of exaggerations on here or not.

Damn this feels a lot like the end of the Callahan days. Sad times.

It really does. The sad thing is, I really like Bo. I still root for him, I just don't think he knows what he is doing in some aspects of his job. I never liked Callahan.

I totally agree. I actually want Pelini to be here long-term, but his staff decisions have been . . . well . . . questionable. And you have to think your credibility only lasts so long. How many times can you have staff turnover due to lack of performance and maintain a position of leadership? I suppose it depends on the person (and the team), but our particular situation is starting to feel toxic. We'll see how the season plays out but I'm not hopeful.

How I think this happened was that once Bo found out that Zook and Stoops didn't wanna be here, he saw JP as his clay to mold into a great DC. When this didn't happen, I feel Bo sees it as his personal failure. I've been in a position that I have hiring and firing power as many others on this board probably have as well. It is not easy to fire someone you have had high hopes for and trained that turns out not to be as good as you thought. I saw it as my failure when I had to let people go. I'll bet this could be the case with Bo as it pertains to JP. JMO

• Fire 1

Damn this feels a lot like the end of the Callahan days. Sad times.

It really does. The sad thing is, I really like Bo. I still root for him, I just don't think he knows what he is doing in some aspects of his job. I never liked Callahan.

I totally agree. I actually want Pelini to be here long-term, but his staff decisions have been . . . well . . . questionable. And you have to think your credibility only lasts so long. How many times can you have staff turnover due to lack of performance and maintain a position of leadership? I suppose it depends on the person (and the team), but our particular situation is starting to feel toxic. We'll see how the season plays out but I'm not hopeful.

How I think this happened was that once Bo found out that Zook and Stoops didn't wanna be here, he saw JP as his clay to mold into a great DC. When this didn't happen, I feel Bo sees it as his personal failure. I've been in a position that I have hiring and firing power as many others on this board probably have as well. It is not easy to fire someone you have had high hopes for and trained that turns out not to be as good as you thought. I saw it as my failure when I had to let people go. I'll bet this could be the case with Bo as it pertains to JP. JMO

I genuinely feel for Bo in this situation. JP has been with him a long time and whatever they're doing simply isn't working. In this way it resembles the Callahan/Cosgrove end times. I'm curious to see what he does with the decisions he ends up having to make after the season, assuming the decisions are still his.

I do not see it that way at all Eze. I see a very strong individual, that wants to control every aspect of the program. He did not want Zook or Stoops here, to confront, disagree or distract from his idea. He took another unqualified individual, gave him a title and continued to run the defense as he wanted it to be. Both Zook and Stoops were at least equal in their qualifications for head coach. He could not stand that. He did not make a search for any other qualified individuals it appears. This is a typical problem with new management personnel. The inability to let go, to delegate authority. Bo has his hands in every aspect, not saying that is bad if you have the experience, but Bo is beginner to. He needs to relinquish authority to the OC and DC, but they must be qualified. I am afraid if he does not do that, if he survives to have the opportunity, he will be gone next year. I have said since day one, it was too much for him. Not qualified, not enough experience at this level to take a program like Nebraska.

He has done very well in some aspects, in reality the most important to me. His wins and losses are where we need them to be, to be satisfied with his performance. It is the lack of professional preparation for the games and the management of the game in progress where he fails. If he had a OC and DC that knew their jobs, allowing him to concentrate on the big picture I think he could do it. I see him along the lines of Dabo. Dabo was smart enough to realize it was too much for him. Unfortunately, I feel Bo does not see it that way. It will be his downfall if he does not realize it soon.

• Fire 1

I really have no idea. But I truly believe there were more qualified coaches than the ones we ended up with. I understand the idea of loyalty, working with those you know. But Bo needed someone to bounce things off of. Both Zook and Stoops would have been good for that I think.

I beginning to think this is the end. I spoke to 4 Nebraska fans this evening at bowling. All want him gone. Nothing in their minds could keep him. I wonder if it is the same in Nebraska. I said, we would be starting all over, the comment was not soon enough.

I truly hope he figures this out, that we get the magical 9 wins. If he does though, he has to make changes in the staff. He has to have help. I admire his grit and determination, but this is a big job, with a lot on the line. We pay him a lot of money, and he has worked us for more money. It is time he pays it back with a team that is ready to play anyone. I give Minnesota more credit than some do. They are turning the corner it seems. But this program should not look so unorganized, lost, without a clue on how to combat their attack. As much as I love Martinez and what he has done, it is time for a change, the kid is hurt. You can not keep playing him. It is not fair to him or the team. We claim Martinez lacks leadership, I say that leadership stops at Bo's desk. It is time form him to lead or get out of the way.

I really have no idea. But I truly believe there were more qualified coaches than the ones we ended up with. I understand the idea of loyalty, working with those you know. But Bo needed someone to bounce things off of. Both Zook and Stoops would have been good for that I think.

I beginning to think this is the end. I spoke to 4 Nebraska fans this evening at bowling. All want him gone. Nothing in their minds could keep him. I wonder if it is the same in Nebraska. I said, we would be starting all over, the comment was not soon enough.

I truly hope he figures this out, that we get the magical 9 wins. If he does though, he has to make changes in the staff. He has to have help. I admire his grit and determination, but this is a big job, with a lot on the line. We pay him a lot of money, and he has worked us for more money. It is time he pays it back with a team that is ready to play anyone. I give Minnesota more credit than some do. They are turning the corner it seems. But this program should not look so unorganized, lost, without a clue on how to combat their attack. As much as I love Martinez and what he has done, it is time for a change, the kid is hurt. You can not keep playing him. It is not fair to him or the team. We claim Martinez lacks leadership, I say that leadership stops at Bo's desk. It is time form him to lead or get out of the way.

What is so magical about 9 wins? Espcially against this joke of a schedule? For him to keep his job he would have to finally break through his glass celing of not winning conference championships. Does anyone really believe that they will win out through the CCG for that to happen?

What is so magical about 9 wins? Espcially against this joke of a schedule? For him to keep his job he would have to finally break through his glass celing of not winning conference championships. Does anyone really believe that they will win out through the CCG for that to happen?

What's so magical about 9? Well 3 is a magic number, and 9 is 3 times 3, so it's TRIPLE MAGICAL

• Fire 2

Are you for real about this? I have no idea if you have a history of exaggerations on here or not.

That's because he only has 38 posts. Kind of hard to take seriously.

Just imagine if Pederson would have kept Bo on as Def CO under Callahan.....Callahan's offense could score points on most anyone, they couldn't defend at all. Callahan recruited talented players on both sides of the ball. Since his players have all now be replaced by Bo recruits, Bo's D has suffered greatly.

This is even harder to take seriously. Callahan could not score points on most anyone. In fact, the only times we were remarkably good at racking up points were against cupcake non-conference teams or at the end of his tenure when he tried saving face by throwing 40-50 times a game. The closest we got to a championship under Callahan was in 2006, where our defense held Oklahoma to 21 and Auburn to 17, yet our offense was unable to do anything.

Weird revisionist history.

My sources inside the program have told me Osborne and Eichorst have already had multiple phone calls with Frost.

Not saying I believe you, but isn't TO done supervising Eichorst? I thought that was a six month deal. Also, not sure if you're just joking about the aquarium guy.

Let's just say there's mutual interest.

Yes, but nothing is final. Bo's obviously not getting fired if we win out.