DT JUCO Terrell Clinkscales [Kansas State Commit]

Actually, we need this quote from him after he watched ALL OF THE THINGS that happened during the Iowa game:

“Man, Coach Bo is going to fight to the death for his team,” said Clinkscales, a 6-foot-3, 317-pounder from Dodge City (Kan.) Community College. “He doesn’t take any BS.”

He's come to the right place for that.

LOL

Actually, we need this quote from him after he watched ALL OF THE THINGS that happened during the Iowa game:

“Man, Coach Bo is going to fight to the death for his team,” said Clinkscales, a 6-foot-3, 317-pounder from Dodge City (Kan.) Community College. “He doesn’t take any BS.”

He's come to the right place for that.

LOL

That's the best you can muster up?

"I'm committed to Nebraska," Clinkscales said. "Actually, during my visit Coach Bo (Pelini) and I sat down and talked and I told him when we sat down that I will be committing. He was excited about it and he walked out of the door and was yelling to everybody, 'he's coming, he's coming here'. It was exciting."

Clinkscales has made it known that Nebraska has been his "dream school" and former Husker defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is a player he holds in high regard. He also speaks highly of his relationship with NU defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski.

Those factors, plus the overall feeling he had while on his visit contributed to his commitment.

"It was a big factor," Clinkscales said about his affinity for the Huskers and Suh. "I feel like they develop great d-linemen. Plus with Coach Rick (Kaczenski) and the way he coaches those guys up I know he can get me where I need to be.

"I pretty much came down to the decision on my visit. I knew where I wanted to be anyway, but it was kind of like 'this is where I needed to be'. It was the best spot for me."

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582222

"I'm committed to Nebraska," Clinkscales said. "Actually, during my visit Coach Bo (Pelini) and I sat down and talked and I told him when we sat down that I will be committing. He was excited about it and he walked out of the door and was yelling to everybody, 'he's coming, he's coming here'. It was exciting."

Clinkscales has made it known that Nebraska has been his "dream school" and former Husker defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is a player he holds in high regard. He also speaks highly of his relationship with NU defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski.

Those factors, plus the overall feeling he had while on his visit contributed to his commitment.

"It was a big factor," Clinkscales said about his affinity for the Huskers and Suh. "I feel like they develop great d-linemen. Plus with Coach Rick (Kaczenski) and the way he coaches those guys up I know he can get me where I need to be.

"I pretty much came down to the decision on my visit. I knew where I wanted to be anyway, but it was kind of like 'this is where I needed to be'. It was the best spot for me."

http://nebraska.riva...asp?CID=1582222

Here's is the Suh Effect everyone has been wondering why it has not been paying dividends.

really looking forward to Clink playing next year. This should allow us to redshirt Newell and put a few more pounds on him. Man, we are going to go deep at DT next year. can't wait to see our goal line defense with all of those big bodies!

Question: will we lose any of the young ones due to this?

really looking forward to Clink playing next year. This should allow us to redshirt Newell and put a few more pounds on him. Man, we are going to go deep at DT next year. can't wait to see our goal line defense with all of those big bodies!

Question: will we lose any of the young ones due to this?

Lose any current guys on the roster? Doubt it, DT is a position where injuries can hit hard easy.

Next years outlook:

FR(Will RS most likey): Peyton Newell

Sophs: Valentine, Collins, Maurice and I believe Kevin Williams will get a MedRS to keep him a soph (unless he already used on MedRS)

JR: Curry and Clinkscales.

I know it's not likely at all but it'd be interesting to see if the coaches give Maurice a RS. Probably the 6th man in rotation if Williams is healthy, and would space out those sophs a little. VV and Clinkscales given a breather by Collins and Williams could be deadly...