** What did we learn **

I'd like to point out that we learned our defensive coaches can still coach good defense.

We also learned that it isn't scheme that's preventing out defense from being ballers.

I'm confused but it looked like we blitzed much more this game than usual....

We blitzed quite a bit more early in the year then got away from it. Fun to see them attack - blood in the water.

Gregory was phenomenal, I hope he doesn't go the Cam Meredith route and pack on a bunch of extra weight like suggested. He's effective enough as is. The idea of putting on 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months without steroids is, just, no.

And how about Ciante shutting down Gallon? Gonna miss that guy.

Gregory was phenomenal, I hope he doesn't go the Cam Meredith route and pack on a bunch of extra weight like suggested. He's effective enough as is. The idea of putting on 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months without steroids is, just, no.

But most of Husker nation sees the 1 or 2 plays every couple games he gets "beat". Not to mention when he comes on that edge blitz....he NEVER misses a tackle whether its the RB or QB. Really enjoy watching the little things he does.

But most of Husker nation sees the 1 or 2 plays every couple games he gets "beat". Not to mention when he comes on that edge blitz....he NEVER misses a tackle whether its the RB or QB. Really enjoy watching the little things he does.

I'd be mentioning Josh Mitchel in this discussion about Gallon more

With any creativity/coherency on offense we win this game 27-10 going away. You can't blame it on the offensive line injuries because they actually played pretty well. Playcalling was straight Ask Corso/Madden. Atrocious. Hey, 3rd and 4 potentially in four down territory, let's throw the streak route to the seventh string WR. I like it. Running game is our strength but let's throw out that half of the playbook on 2nd and 10. Frighteningly predictable. And yes, I'm making the radical assertion that I'm able to somewhat accurately judge these problems despite not having had a career as an FBS offensive coordinator.

As far as the defense... well, what can I add?

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::nanalama

:corndance:w00tchuckleshuffle:woo:clap

:zoom:cheers:band

• Fire 1

1) Great win...the best this season for me as it was totally unexpected. I gladly eat crow as I thought we had no shot at Michigan.

2) When Bo Pelini is fighting for his job, we can play aggressive defense. I am not happy it took this long, but that is how Nebraska defense is played and how we should scheme. Hats off to the defense...they won this game.

3) Randy Gregory continues to wreak havoc. I don't think there is another defensive player in conference I would trade him for...he has been playing that good.

4) Even before the muffed punt, in several games Westy has looked tentative in the punt return game...some punts he should have fielded but he has let go. This one today, there was no avoiding it and it got him. I know he has great hands but not sure he is the right guy back there.

5) Great job by the patch-work O-Line. They made the best of a tough situation.

6) When opposing teams hit us helmet to helmet it is great football play. When we do it to other teams, we are penalized and and/or ejected. This rule continues to be a complete joke.