The NCAA seldom makes sense on their sanctions lately. Ruling with an iron fist on some, and virtually doing nothing on the others. Dude is correct on Coach Osborne, a conversation between Coach Tressel and Coach Osborne got the ball rolling for our joining the Big 10.

Why dont you just go spit on the statues of Devaney and Osborne then too. You might as well cause even the thought of a guy like that coming here is a slap in the face of them and all they have done and stand for and honestly makes me sick.....man you people are seriously messed up!

Well I got some BIG NEWS FOR YA.........Jim Tressel will NEVER EVER coach here for one simple reason. The Hard Working Folks of this State who have the financial backing and means will never put a penny that direction! Remember these are the same people who would first have to cough up the coin to buyout Bo's contract........

I cant believe you want bragging rights that badly. .......what a cryin shame....

The bolded is extremely misinformed.

REALLY ? HOW SO ? are you an alum or booster ?? Well along with my Father in law we both are and we are both ranchers who contribute and belong to the Big Red Beef club and I know where my information comes from smartass how about you ?

Why dont you just go spit on the statues of Devaney and Osborne then too. You might as well cause even the thought of a guy like that coming here is a slap in the face of them and all they have done and stand for and honestly makes me sick.....man you people are seriously messed up!

Well I got some BIG NEWS FOR YA.........Jim Tressel will NEVER EVER coach here for one simple reason. The Hard Working Folks of this State who have the financial backing and means will never put a penny that direction! Remember these are the same people who would first have to cough up the coin to buyout Bo's contract........

I cant believe you want bragging rights that badly. .......what a cryin shame....

Ironhorse makes excellent points about both Tressel and Pelini's contract.

REALLY ? HOW SO ? are you an alum or booster ?? Well along with my Father in law we both are and we are both ranchers who contribute and belong to the Big Red Beef club and I know where my information comes from smartass how about you ?

Do you want a prize?

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you when neither of us can prove who we do or don't know because for all I know you could be talking out of your ass right now. I stand by what I said and I'm going to leave it at that.

How is anyone saying anything with certainty right now? I keep asking and no one will respond either because they don't like me or they think I'm joking. I'm not joking.

I've seen in the football forum people saying Bo is staying. All I saw was that he said he is not resigning and even that could be a bit untrue. Just because he said he won't resign still, doesn't mean he will not be let go.

Just like this Tressel thing. I don't think anyone knows who is being contacted or if at all. At least, nobody floating around this message board.

Ya, he's in the Beef Club and everyone knows they have the best insider info ;) Its not a huge thing to be a beef club member, just another couple hundred dollars a year to any season ticket holder. I could join that club along with about 8 others every year i renew my tix. Its not some highly prestigious club your highness. GTFO.

• Fire 1

How is anyone saying anything with certainty right now? I keep asking and no one will respond either because they don't like me or they think I'm joking. I'm not joking.

I've seen in the football forum people saying Bo is staying. All I saw was that he said he is not resigning and even that could be a bit untrue. Just because he said he won't resign still, doesn't mean he will not be let go.

Just like this Tressel thing. I don't think anyone knows who is being contacted or if at all. At least, nobody floating around this message board.

Yes, its possible he could still be fired. Nobody knows, its all just speculation at this point

There is one thing I think we can say with relative certainty - as an athletic director, if you're 100% behind your coach, you come out with a public statement supporting him. I think you're making a huge mistake if you don't and that's fueled a lot of the uncertainty. I think it's completely reasonable, therefore, to suggest Shawn Eichorst is seriously evaluating Bo Pelini's status as a head football coach. I don't buy that he's just a reserved AD. Yes, he is, but an AD 100% behind his coach has public relations people that would tell him to come out and say something, and he'd be an idiot not to do it if that were the case.

I'm not specifically referencing our coaching situation, but as a general rule, some and often many names mentioned as possible coaching replacements for programs are more than just speculative. There are often reasons you hear more about certain coaches and less about others.

I also know that, in many situations, if a university wants a coach gone bad enough they'll find a way to do it. Again, not specifically referencing our program, but it's happened in the past and it'll happen again to someone someday.

It's also makes you look really stupid if you come out and say you're 1000% behind your coach and he then goes out and loses to a mediocre FCS team who doesn't complete a pass.

As I said earlier, unless you are absolutely sticking with the guy no matter what, you stay quiet. If we would have lost the last two games, it's likely Bo would have been out. Now, if we win Friday, I would be shocked if he isn't back. But when it's that close, you look really bad if you say one thing then end up having to do the opposite.

It's also makes you look really stupid if you come out and say you're 1000% behind your coach and he then goes out and loses to a mediocre FCS team who doesn't complete a pass.

As I said earlier, unless you are absolutely sticking with the guy no matter what, you stay quiet. If we would have lost the last two games, it's likely Bo would have been out. Now, if we win Friday, I would be shocked if he isn't back. But when it's that close, you look really bad if you say one thing then end up having to do the opposite.

Exactly. Look at Florida right now. They may be decimated with injuries, but they shouldn't have lost to Georgia Southern. Their AD came out fully supporting Muschamp weeks ago and that coaching seat has to be hotter now than ever before.

http://www.knowitall...re-jim-tressel/

Tressel is in the middle of serving a five year “show-cause” penalty/sentence levied by the NCAA in connection with lying about known violations during an investigation while he was the head coach at Ohio State.

What this means is that any school wanting to hire Tressel would need to “show cause” to the NCAA as to why the school itself should not be sanctioned for hiring him. That alone would likely be an easy case for Nebraska, as they haven’t had any major violations during the Pelini-era and have been a relatively clean program historically. In addition, Tressel would be ineligible to coach the team during the first five games of the season as well as any conference championship or bowl games during his first year.

Read the article for even more reasons why he won't be here....

so...because we're a dirty program, we can't hire Tressel?

this article is full a bunch of BS IMO. the first 5 games and the post season are not enough to keep Nebraska from hiring a coach - this is a long term decision so let's throw that half of the article out the window.

the second part about the NCAA being "in our business" is crazy. they have much, much better things to do than sit around a 9 win program looking for what benefits we provided to get that 732nd ranked 3* recruit out of South Dakota. there's much bigger fish to be caught than Nebraska right now. it's not the NCAA in your business, it's TMZ, Deadspin and people within the program that have an agenda. That won't change no matter who we hire/fire.

bottom line, if the same thing that happened at Ohio State happened today, Tressel might still be coaching. If the same thing that happened at USC happened today, they'd be done w/ their sanctions and back at the full 85.

http://www.knowitall...re-jim-tressel/

Tressel is in the middle of serving a five year “show-cause” penalty/sentence levied by the NCAA in connection with lying about known violations during an investigation while he was the head coach at Ohio State.

What this means is that any school wanting to hire Tressel would need to “show cause” to the NCAA as to why the school itself should not be sanctioned for hiring him. That alone would likely be an easy case for Nebraska, as they haven’t had any major violations during the Pelini-era and have been a relatively clean program historically. In addition, Tressel would be ineligible to coach the team during the first five games of the season as well as any conference championship or bowl games during his first year.

Read the article for even more reasons why he won't be here....

I agree we don't need Tressel here but why are you reading some hack writer from Bleacher Report?