Bo Pelini speaks

Nobody

The majority of fans have stuck with Bo through all six years of this wild ride, but that support is not endless, and for many this latest bunghole display was, if not the very last straw, damned close to it.

Bo has brought kids to this program who represent it very, very well. Kids we can be proud of. But his own behavior has left MUCH to be desired, nearly every year he's been here, as recently as the last 24 hours.

These boilerplate apologies don't cut it anymore. They don't equal the magnitude of the wrong. It is disingenuous to expect "the fans" to come back and support this product time after time when these kinds of incidents keep happening. If Bo really wants the fans behind him, he needs to build up loyalty with the fans, starting now. That means going above and beyond to specifically and intentionally support the fans whose support he expects.

I'll be there next year in the stands, wearing red, shouting my ass off and leaving the game hoarse, all seven games. But I will not be there supporting Bo, because I don't think for one second Bo supports me. I'll be there supporting Nebraska Athletics, the sellout streak, the players and my fellow Husker fans.

• Fire 7

The majority of fans have stuck with Bo through all six years of this wild ride, but that support is not endless, and for many this latest bunghole display was, if not the very last straw, damned close to it.

Bo has brought kids to this program who represent it very, very well. Kids we can be proud of. But his own behavior has left MUCH to be desired, nearly every year he's been here, as recently as the last 24 hours.

These boilerplate apologies don't cut it anymore. They don't equal the magnitude of the wrong. It is disingenuous to expect "the fans" to come back and support this product time after time when these kinds of incidents keep happening. If Bo really wants the fans behind him, he needs to build up loyalty with the fans, starting now. That means going above and beyond to specifically and intentionally support the fans whose support he expects.

I'll be there next year in the stands, wearing red, shouting my ass off and leaving the game hoarse, all seven games. But I will not be there supporting Bo, because I don't think for one second Bo supports me. I'll be there supporting Nebraska Athletics, the sellout streak, the players and my fellow Husker fans.

I feel like we could create a fun madlibs for Bo Pelini press releases.

"I want to say _________ to all of the fans. My behavior was _________ and is not ___________ of what I stand for. Nebraska has _______ fans. I look forward to _________ Nebraska in the future".

• Fire 1

Well said.

If Pelini is smart at all, he will go have a sit down with Tim Miles and take some lessons on how to deal with people.

I feel like we could create a fun madlibs for Bo Pelini press releases.

"I want to say _________ to all of the fans. My behavior was _________ and is not ___________ of what I stand for. Nebraska has _______ fans. I look forward to _________ Nebraska in the future".

1. Adjective

2. Adjective

3. Noun

4. Adjective

5. Noun

Go

Devnet:

Name another coach who's seen this type of circus chief? Go ahead...name another coach and program....you can't because there isn't another. This is it.

Joe Paterno

lane Kiffin got fired in an airport lounge, after a "vote of confidence" 2 years in a row

Woody Hayes, anyone?

Charlie Weiss was a pretty ungraceful exit from ND

Well said.

If Pelini is smart at all, he will go have a sit down with Tim Miles and take some lessons on how to deal with people.

Great post knapp. Basically my thoughts exactly. Hope for the best, hut realistically expect the same.

Devnet:

Name another coach who's seen this type of circus chief? Go ahead...name another coach and program....you can't because there isn't another. This is it.

Joe Paterno

lane Kiffin got fired in an airport lounge, after a "vote of confidence" 2 years in a row

Woody Hayes, anyone?

Charlie Weiss was a pretty ungraceful exit from ND

What? No? I refuse to believe devnet was wrong. :*(