NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

What is Gurley and Marshall's status? Gurley back to original form? Marshall out for year, I believe.

Marshall is done for the year, as is Murray, Scott-Wesley, Malcolm Mitchell etc etc. Gurley will be back to full speed by the time this game rolls around...we figure to rely heavily on him this time.

Thanks for the info Dawg....bummer matchup or not...hope it is a great game.

UGA will most likely implement the same game plan that they did against GT: Pass to set up the run. Huskers have a good pass rush and secondary play is strong, it could be MUCH easier to stop the second-down Gurley runs, especially if Rose and Santos come to play. UGA gets Bennett, McGowan, Conley, and Lynch open early and it could be a LONG day for the defense.

I was reading tweets and status updates on BWW site all day and Michigan lobbied big time...plus people begging for NO Nebraska vs KSU......... I am pretty sure that the officials don't watch the site, but it was pro-michigan and anti-neb feedback all day.

I was reading tweets and status updates on BWW site all day and Michigan lobbied big time...plus people begging for NO Nebraska vs KSU......... I am pretty sure that the officials don't watch the site, but it was pro-michigan and anti-neb feedback all day.

We have pretty much reached the point where only the Texas Bowl really wanted us....

It's a conspiracy. ESPN, who picks everything that is college football, wanted to make sure that they put Nebraska in the least beneficial, least interesting scenario to fans bowl they could think of. I wonder if Nebraska could win...and dominate...their bowl game.

We all know the answer to that.

But at the end of the day...NU screwed themselves, unless you like the bowl scenario of an 8-4 team.

Sure beats playing KState, WSU or Cuse! GBR!

KSU in Tempe would have generated more interest.

But wouldn't have gave us to an opportunity to make a statement win.

I agree Warrior. I don't see why somebody would want to step down in completion and play K-state. What's the point. If we would have beat K-state, which we should, it really would not have meant that much.

Would have rather had LSU, simply because it's something new, but I'm happy to be playing SEC again.

The upside for team confidence and national perception is way better than playing the Kitties late at night. Even if Georgia is injured and may not even be as good as K St (who knows), the perception is that they're way better because they're in the SEC. And perception counts in this crazy sport.

Totally agree Rob. Not sure the desire to play K-state by some on here.

Would have rather had LSU, simply because it's something new, but I'm happy to be playing SEC again.

The upside for team confidence and national perception is way better than playing the Kitties late at night. Even if Georgia is injured and may not even be as good as K St (who knows), the perception is that they're way better because they're in the SEC. And perception counts in this crazy sport.

The good thing about the potential of playing LSU is that NU usually beats them.

It's a conspiracy. ESPN, who picks everything that is college football, wanted to make sure that they put Nebraska in the least beneficial, least interesting scenario to fans bowl they could think of. I wonder if Nebraska could win...and dominate...their bowl game.

We all know the answer to that.

You should use the sarcasm emoticon so we know...

• Fire 1

Like the matchup. Anytime u get a chance to beat an sec on their turf it can't hurt your program. If we go beat the purple kittens in the bww game on Dec 28 nobody cares. recruits can see us beat an sec team in their backyard . Could be a nice confidence boost for our young defense to go shut down Gurley. GBR!

• Fire 1
Bowls do not like the huskers. GA rematch following the three games with Washington in two years.

Yes those bowl committees really did turn the screws on Nebraska, making them schedule UW in the regular season.

They could have not choked a three score lead in the CCG if they didn't want to play UW back then if I recall.

• Fire 1